P/x Upgrade to S&B PM2 5-25x56 MSR ret

A great chance to upgrade from your posh Asian scope (such as mid or top tier Vortex) to the 5-25 Schmidt PM2 that you (probably!) actually wanted!😊😊

Optically perfect 5-25 PM2 with FinnAccuracy MSR ret as here: MSR Link

IMHO, the MSR is the best ret I've used.  (Used this particular scope to place 4th in the Czech International Mil Sniper Comp at Libava a few years back)

Looking for a nice quality posh Asian scope in p/x to put on a.22 (must be ffp metric, dial up to around 24/25 power  (such as mid to top tier Vortex) in p/x)

My price for the MSR 5-25 PM2 is £1700.

Price on your scope and cash difference by negotiation.  

1 hour ago, Woodlander said:

Yes, it seems the majority of Euro scopes are CW, though Schmidt have a mind boggling number of options.  For me, CCW is more intuitive (Which most US/Japanese scopes are) and throwing a CW elevation into the mix, is just confusing  

I suppose it depends on what sort of scopes you 'grew up' on. European is all I've ever used.   .... and, if not, you could always read the numbers 😉😊

Not to hijack but I find turret direction an interesting topic. All comes down to individual shooting technique and what you used in the past.
For me, I prefer CW as I use my right hand (RH shooter) to dial both elevation AND windage with one hand in one operation, then back on the trigger. CW is easier to crank ‘up’ when using your RH. I find when using CCW I use my LH to do elevation, then have to swap hands holding the rifle, then use RH to adjust windage then back on trigger. More individual steps and movement.

Interesting to think the mechanics and steps through. I’m definitely feeling rather reflective this afternoon!

2 minutes ago, Woodlander said:

Indeed, I adjust elevation with my left hand and as such, winding the elevation up, is much easier on CCW turrets, I can keep my right hand on the grip. All my scopes are and having a CW scope doesn’t work for me.  

What happens if you need to take elevation off? Do you have to go around to the other end of the gun or turn it upside down something?? 😁

17 minutes ago, brown dog said:

Bit more tidying work to do, but the ec paint did what ec paint is designed to do:

20200908_172031.thumb.jpg.90f4878275f288e973a584a69a9bfb0a.jpg

20200908_185210.thumb.jpg.e54404372791d1952db9af35c869de7a.jpg

umm.. my sales thread 

For the Schmidt you actually wanted....

Swap your Vortex PST Gen 2 (or similar, that I want for a .22) plus £1000

Or something along those lines.. as I have with this bargain-priced  MSR reticled PM2 Schmidt, I'll value your top end posh Asian scope in p/x at between 60 and 65% of current shop price.

😉😊

Just finished the ec paint tidy-up. Bloomin impressed by the ec stuff. Performs exactly as claimed.

IMG_20200909_180924_867.thumb.jpg.27ab61d93b84c1cba7e6542c4ab7b375.jpg

Just bought a 34mm cantilever, so this is going on the BAR22 for a spot of precision plinking.

Although the scope is going back in use, it's overkill for a 22 AR  - even if it is a BAR ..... therefore, the p/x offer remains open for anyone wanting to upgrade from a top-end Asian scope to a Schmidt.

• 2 weeks later...

P/x idea doesn't seem to be working.

Open for straightforward sale.

Optically perfect 5-25 PM2 with FinnAccuracy MSR ret as here: MSR Link

IMHO, the MSR is the best ret I've used.  (Used this particular scope to place 4th in the Czech International Mil Sniper Comp at Libava a few years back)

My price for the MSR 5-25 PM2 is £1700.

20200927_190313.thumb.jpg.f1f7ef7192c36e00a47f0914cd9a650d.jpg