• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bowji john said:

I'm expecting great things when my Vudoo arrives

Will be majorly disappointed if it proves no better than the humble 452

I’m willing to bet good money it won’t be much better  🤣😉 

your always going to be restricted by the ammo , I’m more than happy to be wrong though . 

Rws subs groups... with a few eley subs in the middle to see how they did this session... 50m today.

I think the warmer temps aren’t suiting the eley.

the rws are doing pretty well in the current conditions.

on the final group I changed my trigger pull style, all others are gentle squeeze... this group was more of a decisive pull, interesting results!

also a few tests with loading and unloaded bipod... 

All groups (excluding eley) we sub 18mm or 0.7”

AA1D555F-E593-4EC1-A592-054AA44481A2.jpeg

B859AA9C-FC33-4B61-A8BF-49EE0E35D2F4.jpeg

E76704B8-3F8C-4987-B915-7865D449B759.jpeg

EAB20528-9C4C-4E0E-98B8-0C74FA8BA3D6.jpeg

20980F03-C11A-4390-B1AB-DD308A588DD5.jpeg

I had a little play..

I was up high and exposed to some serious crosswinds.. 

I had a little f class practice.

I changed my poa by the noise the wind was making.

More noise aim off further etc. I did quite well considering..

3 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

Me too , I had a little go with the R100 the other day at 150m  , even though it was windy it was great timing the gusts . But all in all very happy. . 
I do know that all 10 shots would have resulted in a clean  cardboard  target bunny kill . 

F4C9A413-5B39-442E-99A7-CDF19D4AE78A.jpeg

That’s some nice shooting there!

There £256 /1000 that’s for either the R50 or R100 

the R50 are sub sonic  ( just )  but because there so consistent they can be that close ,

the R100 are high velocity and do give a crack , however as I have explained in the past , I use the R100 for taking cheeky foxes out of the horse paddocks when we have fouls running about . And so I fitted my rimmy with a wildcat panther which is rated to .22 Hornet , and so does quieten the little buggers down some what . 

They are pricey! More than centre x... my rfd does eley match for £7 which is great just too loud!

8 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

There £256 /1000 that’s for either the R50 or R100 

the R50 are sub sonic  ( just )  but because there so consistent they can be that close ,

the R100 are high velocity and do give a crack , however as I have explained in the past , I use the R100 for taking cheeky foxes out of the horse paddocks when we have fouls running about . And so I fitted my rimmy with a wildcat panther which is rated to .22 Hornet , and so does quieten the little buggers down some what . 

I was worried my Sak mod was the issues, so tried my hardy 22 cf mod on the eley subs (supersonic) it was worse 🤦‍♂️;)

did you try the r50 at 150m?

6 minutes ago, Farmer rick said:

They are pricey! More than centre x... my rfd does eley match for £7 which is great just too loud!

I was worried my Sak mod was the issues, so tried my hardy 22 cf mod on the eley subs (supersonic) it was worse 🤦‍♂️;)

did you try the r50 at 150m?

Yes but there working well and Truly there limits, , in my rifle they will hold a group at 100 m out to 115- 120m max and then they really are in the lap of the gods 

Too be honest Rick I don’t know , I tried them at dis and wrote them off , I maybe should have given them a better go , but I was comparing everything to the R100 .

I will test them at some point in the week if I get chance , we’re starting to drill at the end of the week ( weather permitting) so I will put the rimfire in the tractor. 

10 hours ago, One on top of two said:

Me too , I had a little go with the R100 the other day at 150m  , even though it was windy it was great timing the gusts . But all in all very happy. . 
I do know that all 10 shots would have resulted in a clean  cardboard  target bunny kill . 

Very nice..

It was so windy here yesterday I even abandoned going stalking...

Opted to stay in around some woodland for a bit of shelter from the wind and it was raining at times.

19 hours ago, One on top of two said:

Nice demonstration (on paper) of what is achievable with this little round. Your timing on the wind is very, very good. I must get out with mine again soon. Good shooting 

I had 2 eley match go supersonic yesterday and 3 that didn't fire.. 2 of the 3 did fire on the second firing and the other wouldn't fire at all.

This was the first time in the weeks of testing that I had any crackers with the eley match and them not firing. Same batch..!!

1 hour ago, No i deer said:

I had 2 eley match go supersonic yesterday and 3 that didn't fire.. 2 of the 3 did fire on the second firing and the other wouldn't fire at all.

This was the first time in the weeks of testing that I had a crackers with the eley match and them not firing. Same batch..!!

Neil , 

this is the exact reason I stoped using them last year.

I bought 3 bricks worth after a very successful couple of weeks playing them to the point I could almost shut my eyes at 50m and score a bench rested 100 any day of the week in my  anni MSR rifle , then the last brick accuracy dropped of a cliff without any logical explanation, I would point out that all three bricks where same batch numbers too. 
that was the point I restarted my old love affair with RWS.
As to why I can offer no rationale explanation , I just know that I have lost confidence in Eley as a whole , even the tenex I have shot has been hit and miss . 
back in the day I was an Eley sponsored shooter when they where hands down the best of the best . A title I feel they have given away over the past 10 years .

shame 😢

🤔

Target ammo is new to me as you know..

They were doing so well..

Hopefully I don't get too many as I like the accuracy..

It's gave me great confidence again In the calibre I like most.

I can live with the odd cracker but not firing is a pain. Incidentally the very first shot yesterday was a cracker..

it surprised me..!!

I will try a few more top branded ammo yet before I settle 100 percent on one.

If I can better the eley match that would be quite something.

The R ammo certainly works well in your Annie 🤩