Tikka T1X

It was long awaited but was it really worth the wait?

Im thinking about buying myself a T1X .22LR to replace my Finfire P94S, mainly because I want to use a McMillan A3-5 adj stock I already have and a T3 BIx & Andy trigger.

Whats your thoughts and experiences guys?

P94s takes Sako / tikka trigger and in particular the two stage Timney (as does the T1x)

Problems with T1 x - ovoid Action due to factory torquing the three barrel set screws to the extent they warp the action body

Having looked at numerous options - the Sako P94s looks best - inlet into a blank stock for custom interface 

Sort barrel yourselves using Anchutz take off and Win 52D reamer or similar that suits your use 

Or build on a custom rimfire action or use a Annie 1710 action or convert a 54 to repeater or find a Win 52 for original twin lug kudos 

6 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Problems with T1 x - ovoid Action due to factory torquing the three barrel set screws to the extent they warp the action body

Sort barrel yourselves using Anchutz take off and Win 52D reamer or similar that suits your use 

Or build on a custom rimfire action or use a Annie 1710 action or convert a 54 to repeater or find a Win 52 for original twin lug kudos 

T1X are quite accurate out the box even if the action is warped and despite the tacky placky factory stock. Easy to replace trigger with B and A if you have one but factory trigger is OK just with spring replacement.

I don't doubt there is better but not for £500. Totally upgradeable sure but go to the trouble of building custom this and that custom that for a .22lr  - just shoot the bloody thing and enjoy affordable accuracy.  

Sorry wasn’t nay saying the T1x action as they are accurate but the issue comes if you want to change barrels or chamber 

To enhance accuracy potential 

Nice to have interchangeability with T3 stocks

Mags are nice 

Bolt lovely to cycle

In just not set on the barrel fitting arrangement st the factory   

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at the T1X myself and doing a fair bit of research,  check out youtube there is loads of reviews and quite a few people in the states have put them in Oryx chassis and changed the barrels although find the right ammo and the stock gun can be sub moa 

Even as stock it appears to be a popular rifle 

I have a pair of them, and recently bought one for my girlfriend because, once she shot mine, she HAD to have one. I have had ZERO issues with the three I have purchased, and my good friend and shooting partner has had no issues with his. I have no clue why the average shooter would buy one of these rifles and immediately toss the SAKO-made barrel. All of mine shoot well under MOA. My girlfriend shot hers last Saturday and put 10 shots into  a .32" hole at 50 yards using SK Biathlon. I have fired groups as small as .28 at the same distance with Federal UltraMatch.(R-50) Somewhere on this site I posted some 10 shot, 100 yard groups that hover right around MOA., fired on an outdoor range with our typical Montana 'breezes'. I believe in that same thread, I posted the account of my hunting partner, another friend, and myself swapping rifles and ammo to see if the SAKO Finnfire heavy barrel was more accurate than the T1Xs. We swapped rifles back and forth and used ammunition (s) from the same box or LOT, and came to the conclusion that there was no difference in accuracy between the two T1X and the SAKO Finnfire. Look it up.

BTW: I have a KRG chassis on the T1X I use for target work. Love it.~Andrew

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

I have no clue why the average shooter would buy one of these rifles and immediately toss the SAKO-made barrel. All of mine shoot well under MOA. .~ Andrew

Totally agree Andrew. I don't understand the barrel swapping 'upgrading?' when many that have done so, say its a real pain to do and no noticeable improvement in accuracy. Only thought is maybe to upgrade for a heavier larger dia barrel to fill the barrel channel on custom stocks, if that's the case then probably best look at a CZ457 HB option instead - easier?

Steve 

I have a lot of CZ's and yes, it would be 'easier' but the triggers always need changing out. The Tikka's take a quick adjust and they are done. My KSG chassis doubled the weight of the TX1. Five and change to 10 and change. I'm not certain a heavy barrel is any advantage.  That rifle squats on it's bipod and doesn't move.~Andrew

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2020 at 7:36 PM, Big Al said:

It was long awaited but was it really worth the wait?

Im thinking about buying myself a T1X .22LR to replace my Finfire P94S, mainly because I want to use a McMillan A3-5 adj stock I already have and a T3 BIx & Andy trigger.

Whats your thoughts and experiences guys?

Not sure why you would want to swap a P94 for the Tikka. The Tikka is a fine rifle and can shoot but it will not outshoot the P94. My P94 has a sporting barrel and prints very tidy groups and gives nothing away to my friends anschutz target rifle. If I had to replace it the T1X would most likely be my first choise but untill the P94 melts it will remain in the cabinet.