Jump to content
UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know if rps bipod are still available.

They don't reply anymore?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think they did a modified fortmeir type , Phoenix tactical moved to USA and spud 1967 does them now . Try GRS bipod this has a few more modifications ie 45 degree position and flip over feet for a gripping side or smooth side . Very happy with my fortmeir as it totally improved my group’s after using Harris and the accuracy international own model . 
cheers Rich 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Optics Warehouse used to bring them in but they haven't had any stock for a long time.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone if they know where or how to get one, I have one and its probably in my opinion the best bipod I have ever used.

I would definitely be up to buy another one.

Kind regards,

Bob. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scotch Egg has one and im jealous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy, yes, no, maybe - I had one on my 20” AXMC but went back to the AX bipod. My mate has one on his 27” AXMC so I get to shoot both side by side still. I think the Fortmeier a very good compromise between a smaller bipod and an f class bipod if you are not competing. I get the pendulum principle. It’s not as good for f class due to the  extra stability you can get from something like a Rempel ( had one of those to). For tactical comp stuff - for me it is bulky especially for unsupported sitting or standing shooting ( really needs to be detached from the rifle) and slow to deploy compared to my AX bipod. Also I need my bipod mounted further back to reach it from prone. The Fortmeier is much more stable though than my AI bipod. For something like the U.K. PRL matches I think it would be excellent if you like the recoil impulse. I prefer the AI type with a bit of pre-load the rifle tracks back flatter compared to the Fortmeier which is a bit more bouncy. This is with 338lm at targets under 600m at reasonable mag you are not going to hold the target anyway after recoil. This could be different with a 6mm round with less recoil happening - I noticed this last week shooting an AX in 6br - felt like 22lr. The bipod was an AccuTac at 100m on 25x mag the rifle did not move off target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sorting my confusion out . Didn’t know of rps just though it might be a typo. Anyway lots of nice stuff to look at on Tweb . Lovely set up there  . What range is the scope pls . Cheers Rich 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Richiew said:

Thanks for sorting my confusion out . Didn’t know of rps just though it might be a typo. Anyway lots of nice stuff to look at on Tweb . Lovely set up there  . What range is the scope pls . Cheers Rich 

That scope is a Schmidt and Bender PM11 3-20X50 

 

my favourite scope so far having owned the 5-20X50 ulra short and 5-25X56. 
 

I still own a 4-16X50 as well, which if it wasn’t for the reticle would be my favourite as it’s so simple. It doesn’t even have illumination!!!

 

next scope will be a kahles but undecided between the 3-18 or 5-25. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ds1 said:

This could be different with a 6mm round with less recoil happening - I noticed this last week shooting an AX in 6br - felt like 22lr. The bipod was an AccuTac at 100m on 25x mag the rifle did not move off target.

Quick question, how well does a 6mm BR feed and eject in an AX?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was not my AX - I just got a few rounds through it. For me and from what I saw it worked ok with 5 rounds in the mag. More rounds in the mag may create issues. I don’t know if the mags had been modified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shuggy said:

Quick question, how well does a 6mm BR feed and eject in an AX?

Baldie will know the answer to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

That scope is a Schmidt and Bender PM11 3-20X50 

 

my favourite scope so far having owned the 5-20X50 ulra short and 5-25X56. 
 

I still own a 4-16X50 as well, which if it wasn’t for the reticle would be my favourite as it’s so simple. It doesn’t even have illumination!!!

 

next scope will be a kahles but undecided between the 3-18 or 5-25. 

Thanks for info . Love the ultra short non illuminated- very good p4 fine ret  and my big 3-27x56 .  Might consider the 3-20 for the next rifle (223) . Enjoy and stay safe cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Scotch_egg said:

Is he running one? 

no the BR question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scotch_egg said:

That’s what’s I meant. Is he running a BR in his AX?

if its AI related he will know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy