SEB Mini Rest Narrow Front Bag

Maidment78

Good morning,

I have the SEB mini and it came with the wider front bag but my stock is a little narrow for this, been looking for the smaller one but all I have found are unicorns, pots of gold and everything else bar this.  Does anyone have one they don't want, know of one or may know someone who can get one?  I know these are trying times but this is getting silly.

Thanks for the help in advance,

P.

would one of these fit? As actually not sure if you are using a flat bottomed stock or a round profile? 

(I too have a mini but only using the 3” wide bag at the mo, so any findings would be helpful!)

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/protektor-2-medium-owl-rifle-shooting-rest-front-bag-pt2

OR 

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/protektor-3-wide-owl-front-bag

On 8/17/2020 at 11:37 AM, Maidment78 said:

Good morning,

I have the SEB mini and it came with the wider front bag but my stock is a little narrow for this, been looking for the smaller one but all I have found are unicorns, pots of gold and everything else bar this.  Does anyone have one they don't want, know of one or may know someone who can get one?  I know these are trying times but this is getting silly.

Thanks for the help in advance,

P.

Improvise!

Fill a sock with rice or dry sand and replace your existing bag with it. Pack it down into the corners and mould it about a bit, with a bit of imagination and you will soon have what you want and it will shoot as well as you need.

I did the same myself only a couple of weeks ago and the rifle shot very well from it.

Sorted, I improvised as suggested but I used some small cuts of 3mm mdf glued together then I wrapped some felt cloth and glued that in place and then stuck them to the side of the current bag,,., 

result may not be poster perfect but the stability is superb now and I am ready for the 1,000 yard comp this weekend.

25FA38FA-DED9-4353-B0E5-9F0AFF52FBE4.jpeg

22 hours ago, Brillo said:

Had you thought of using a front bag rider? HPS and Shooting Shed sell them.

I did use one a while ago on the old rifle but as it is quite light I found that the unit tended to buck a little and having the side supports just gave it more overall control.  The rifle is the first one I have had made up and was originally for more PRS style so its shorter than ideal for F Class, but she holds her own and when I learn to shoot I will get a full build made up so no need to mess about.

On 8/27/2020 at 9:12 AM, Maidment78 said:

I did use one a while ago on the old rifle but as it is quite light I found that the unit tended to buck a little and having the side supports just gave it more overall control.  The rifle is the first one I have had made up and was originally for more PRS style so its shorter than ideal for F Class, but she holds her own and when I learn to shoot I will get a full build made up so no need to mess about.

Are you with the Dorset’s on Sunday?

If that forend has an Anschutz rail have you looked at the full width Sinclair foot? I have two for my rifles and they work Really well with the Mini if you take a bit of filling out the front bag and angle the tops of the ears in.....

Having looked at the image - I think a simple piece of shaped timber to the profile of the stock with the outer profile in dimension confirming to F class footprint would be a better solution 

Even a alloy plate or Delrin of suitable thickness and width attached to the stock base securely would provide a simple and effective guide to run in your rest to allow true tracking of the stock on the bags 

1 hour ago, justin credible said:

Blimey that thing rattled my teeth out yesterday, it jumped about like a bucking bronco, you’ll certainly notice a big difference when you eventually use a dedicated f open rig.

Given the fact it was so difficult to control, well done on the score you got😊

She is not right at all, doing a load work up next week to get her back, she was originally designed with a mod on setup and taking it off has totally changed how she shoots, worst case if this fails then I will have to put the mod back on and leave it that way until I get a full f class build. 

good news is if I can reduce the kick the rest works now with the inserts 🤣