UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
baldie

English Chassis system

You can't beat good British engineering,  looks stunning and solid, looking forward to seeing the price.

One good feature of some chassis is the flared opening to the magazine well. Is that going to be a feature of this new chassis?

Best regards

JCS

On 9/19/2020 at 6:08 PM, Mark II said:

You can't beat good British engineering,  looks stunning and solid, looking forward to seeing the price.

Leyland.........................oh sorry you said good engineering 🤣

Back on track, this is a great looking bit of work. I really like the home grown efforts rather than the yank mass produced gear.

Yep some of the yank stuff is really good but it seems like a lot of their stuff is becoming cookie cutter mass market, don't think for yourself, must follow the PSR blog surveys gear.

A quick update on the chassis system, developed by my two pals. between us, we have come up with a chassis, that is tactical/PRL orientated, but could be used for most anything. The bare chassis isn't heavy, i didn't weigh it, but I doubt its any more than 4.5 lbs. However, the option is there to add weights to the the fore end, and butt. All the add on's will be available as optional extra's, so you don't end up with a bag of bits you may not use.
Weights, front and rear, bag rider's, picatinny rails, and q/d Sling mounts are being made.
The chassis uses the Anschutz rail as it's mounting. It has them either side, and also underneath, should you decide not to use the ARCA rail, machined into the base. The add on's are simply slipped into the ends of the rails, and positioned where you want, then nipped up , with a single allen stud. Movable, removable, and infinitely adjustable.
Takes all AICS type magazines, and any AR15 non beavertail grips. The cheekpiece is adjustable for height , and the recoil pad, for length of pull, and up/down.
One of the guys is using a prototype right now, and doing very well indeed with it, with a .243 tikka, i built, bolted into it.
They brought a pair over that had made some more improvements made to the original yesterday. More detailing on the mag well/barricade stop. A union jack on the side [which will be deeper on production models ] etc etc. just bits to make it look that bit nicer really.
We decided as it was a race gun, that it needed to be be colourful, so it got painted in Cerakote hunter orange, the other being in bright purple. No need for cammo on a match gun.
The stock will be produced in tikka t3 inlet [short action ] and also remington 700 short action inlet. No others at this time.
Production ones will be anodised, cerakote versions at extra cost.
Left handed versions will also be available, as its only the bolt slot that isn't ambidextrous.
No final price as of yet, but it will be better than a foreign import.
It works well, its British, and its designed by three shooters, two of which are CNC engineers.
9Na4k2t.jpg
57rZYlX.jpg
GmCx7B6.jpg
TojR4ed.jpg
U7Pvvgj.jpg
HkDUx5e.jpg
4gVA9gs.jpg
17zemsY.jpg
NJTPufn.jpg
9Na4k2t.jpg

I would think so. It wouldn't be hard to test the theory.

20 minutes ago, baldie said:

I would think so. It wouldn't be hard to test the theory.

Sounds promising is there a ballpark release date 

On 8/15/2020 at 11:34 PM, MJR said:

Dave is there a recessed hole for a QD sling in the fore end? Pet hate on my acc is having to fit a weight to gain a sling mount. Just a suggestion but it would look a lot better with the stock cap screw recessed. 

Hi Mike

why dont you just use an Mlock flush cup

or QD stud on the MLock rail?

ewe 

Yes in hindsight I could just use a Mlok flushcup but I've come to like the balance the rifle has with the two weights

Dave re the chassis. The baricade stock at the front of the mag well is fully rounded, is that on purpose? The acc has rounded corners but a flat centre section and I find that useful. Also is the hand grip adjustable for and aft, again I find that really helpful for getting a good trigger finger position. Also I obviously haven't tried the chassis but it looks like the slope for the thumb rest could be moved forward a little to better align with a thumb up position. All meant as constructive observation, not criticism, hope it helps. Personally I don't like the slope at the front of the fore end but that's just my opinion, doubt it will impact on the stocks function. 

Best of luck to whoever is making them, good to see uk companies investing the time and resource.