If Heineken did shooting ranges

2 hours ago, John MH said:

Sep 18 we had to leave the hotel before 0700 and there was no option for a early breakfast on either a Saturday or Sunday morning.

We were mid week so that may be different:  A swift phone call would resolve the question

• 2 weeks later...

Oh but they do provide early brekkers at the Eskdale Hotel, ooman, if you ask 'em nicely. We had a yoghurt, a bowl of porridge, followed by bacon, eggs, sausages, a "tatty cake" *, fried egg, black pudding, baked beans, a couple of slices of toast and an apple. All washed down with plenty of fruit juice and tea. 

We were up there on Monday and a great day was had by all. Marc even laid on a bit of nature watching for us too with red kites and golden eagles performing aerobatics during the lunch break to keep us entertained. We rather liked the hit indicators on the targets that flash bright red, and felt doubly impressed when, after a string of nine hits, the tenth flashed a golden yellow. Thinking Marc had programme it to award us a gold medal for a string of ten successive hits we were brought down to earth with a bump when Marc explained a flashing 'gold' was actually indicating a near miss. 

* Scottish equivalent of a hash brown we thinks...

23 minutes ago, meles meles said:

Oh but they do provide early brekkers at the Eskdale Hotel, ooman, if you ask 'em nicely. We had a yoghurt, a bowl of porridge, followed by bacon, eggs, sausages, a "tatty cake" *, fried egg, black pudding, baked beans, a couple of slices of toast and an apple. All washed down with plenty of fruit juice and tea. 

We were up there on Monday and a great day was had by all. Marc even laid on a bit of nature watching for us too with red kites and golden eagles performing aerobatics during the lunch break to keep us entertained. We rather liked the hit indicators on the targets that flash bright red, and felt doubly impressed when, after a string of nine hits, the tenth flashed a golden yellow. Thinking Marc had programme it to award us a gold medal for a string of ten successive hits we were brought down to earth with a bump when Marc explained a flashing 'gold' was actually indicating a near miss. 

* Scottish equivalent of a hash brown we thinks...

Well I must have spoken to you ,I was shooting the tiktac 6.5c/moor,out to a 1000 yards,and could spot the bullets strikes easily,with them flashy things attached, 

I was 1 of the 2 lads in the white vivaro van,

37 minutes ago, meles meles said:

Oh but they do provide early brekkers at the Eskdale Hotel, ooman, if you ask 'em nicely.

We did ask nicely, it was a weekend and they were pretty poor in offering anything first morning, second morning got left a 'Bag Meal' which was better than nothing but still shite.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:35 PM, stottycake said:

Well I must have spoken to you ,I was shooting the tiktac 6.5c/moor,out to a 1000 yards,and could spot the bullets strikes easily,with them flashy things attached, 

I was 1 of the 2 lads in the white vivaro van,

You wasn't the one on about shooting Brer Fox by the dozen was you? And us badgers too ? We may have chewed through the brake pipes of your van: careful when you goes downhill, ooman

22 minutes ago, meles meles said:

You wasn't the one on about shooting Brer Fox by the dozen was you? And us badgers too ? We may have chewed through the brake pipes of your van: careful when you goes downhill, ooman

Nope ,only shoot steel or paper me 👍👍