284 Win Peterson brass

Pat Allen

Thanks nothing wrong with lap 6.5 284 necked up but different volume from Norma. Just replacing my old norma and would need to redevelop load with lap brass. Just testing the water to see if it was worth a punt at it .

5 minutes ago, Pat Allen said:

Thanks nothing wrong with lap 6.5 284 necked up but different volume from Norma. Just replacing my old norma and would need to redevelop load with lap brass. Just testing the water to see if it was worth a punt at it .

Don’t like thought of removing donuts from lap brass though Dan 

Hi I've necked 6.5x284 up to 7mm never experience the donut affect, I found the shoulders went on the Lapua brass. 

I use Lapua for my 7mm and 6br. I think Norma brass is expensive. 

Thanks nick 

Cheers Nick. I just find that the Norma brass lasts . I have lots of lap 6.5 284 necked up but water volume is lower than Norma and my load doesn’t shoot anywhere near as well as the Norma . So if I use the lap I’m going to have to tailor it to suit . Just wondered if the Peterson was any good. 

Like many others who’ve tried 308 Peterson brass they have lower H2O volume and despite being thicker the primer pockets open up much quicker than Lapua if running hot loads.

Peterson brass superb in 260 (Improved ) 

Just about PRC velocities - cases are as good as if not the equal of Lapua quality  

On 8/10/2020 at 7:26 AM, Ronin said:

Peterson brass superb in 260 (Improved ) 

Just about PRC velocities - cases are as good as if not the equal of Lapua quality  

Re the quality, there is a video, published by Peterson, showing their manufacturing process. There is no doubt about the quality being top end.