A cure for the Labradar blues.........

Re-Pete

I've had a Labradar for a couple of years, and up until now, I've not been 100% happy with it. When it worked, it was OK, but frequent triggering & bullet acquisition failures, plus the pain of trying to reset/adjust it while shooting prone, (I don't have a smartphone or 1 metre long arms), have led to it slowly moving to the back of the cupboard while I checked out the latest Magnetospeed.................until today.

A chance comment by another forum member led me to 1066 on this forum, and his Labradar recoil trigger project. I tried it for the first time this morning, and I have to say I'm impressed. Two of us fired a total of 110 rounds, using the trigger attached to a couple of rifles, one to an Anschutz rail under the fore end of a 6BR, and another with the trigger lashed on to a bipod leg with the supplied velcro tape, this time a 6.5x47. It was 100% reliable, not a single failure to trigger/acquire the bullet and record the velocity, and all with the unit comfortably within reach to adjust and reset without needing to get up or wriggle forward. As it's not in contact with the barrel or action, it doesn't affect the barrel harmonics, so no change in POI when in use.

Highly recommended.

Pete

Trigger 1.jpg

Trigger 2.jpg

You need to speak to 1066 for tech details. There are various technologies that can achieve this. His version is just so convenient and easy to use.

It's a no brainer because apart from the 100% reliable triggering, as long as it's still pointing at the target, the Labradar itself can be within easy reach of the shooter, not at the end of the barrel.

Pete

Well I don't know enough people to make owning a smartphone worthwhile................. 🙂

Pete

Just buy a cheapie...arming and disarming is a joy and you don't disturb the unit.

That still doesn't get round it's tendency to miss the occasional shot, and having to pfaff around wasting shots trying to find the muzzle sweet spot relative to the unit when changing rifles etc.

I have mine on a decent tripod, so I can poke the buttons without causing it to move.

Pete

I find the combo of 1066 recoil trigger and the app to be perfect for my needs.

I didn't appreciate you meant have both............for me, the trigger will suffice.

Pete

On 7/30/2020 at 4:08 PM, Re-Pete said:

Well I don't know enough people to make owning a smartphone worthwhile................. 🙂

Pete

:blink: