6mmBr

Fridays gun is this little beauty.

9tuYuZC.jpg

Built for PRL, its based on one of my own Valkyrie actions from a few years ago.

OFhQsPu.jpg

The Barrel is a Sassen cut rifled blank, 1-7" twist, finished at 24" , parallel profile, and chambered in 6mmBr Norma.

Muzzle thread is M18 x 1 and invisible capped.

SuMUH5t.jpg

Sassen very kindly sponsor this shooter for the upcoming PRL league, as do they sponsor the British AI team with barrels, of which i'm a member. Very generous guys, and good to see a british manufacturer putting money back into the sport. Something to remember when you are planning your next re barrel chaps.

Trigger is a Timney Calvin elite 2 stage unit.

495UNkt.jpg

The barrelled action and base coat of the stock, is done in Cerakote Magpul FDE, and the stock has highlights done in OD green and Pale brown.

The stock is an MDT ACC unit, with butt weight, and a myriad of internal and external weights supplied, including a bag rider.

The gun is heavy. It should exhibit almost zero recoil.

j99qtL3.jpg

JALAlzz.jpg

dkan6uC.jpg

Nice build Dave

it will certainly be steady given the cartridge and profile of the barrel !

2 hours ago, Scooby-93 said:

How does a 1.25” straight barrel at say 28/30” balance in a tactical style stock, McMillan A5 for example? 

Are barrels of that length and diameter better suited to heavier and longer forend socks? 

Can’t answer with regard to a McMillan A5 but one of my Defiance/Eliso tube gun barrels is a 1.35” straight bull barrel that’s 30”.

It is extremely heavy.

The Eliso chassis is heavy in itself but the barrel makes it very front heavy. The forend tube of the chassis is long and heavy too, but as I mount my over barrel Phoenix/Fortmeier bipod I don’t have any issues. I think the longer forend the better, as  it will balance better with a bipod.

For what it's worth, I've had a 30" Lothar Walther straight taper s/steel hanging on my Tikka M595 (6.5x47) for around 5 years and a couple of thousand rounds...............hasn't fallen off yet.

Pete

Likewise I have a 28" Bartlein at 1.15" for 5" then down to 0.96" at the muzzle and it has provided sterling accuracy for the last 3200 rounds and 4 years, and it will be going off this weekend to have the same profile of Benchmark fitted.