Tikka T3 TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor with 24“barrel with RS 62 powder and Berger Hybrid 140 gr #26414

Marwek77

Hello shooting community,

I would like to post here, because here is quite a lot information about RS62 powder which I am currently start using. I was looking for some data for my rifle Tikka T3 TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor with 24“barrel with RS 62 powder and Berger Hybrid 140 gr #26414 bullet but could not find any. If something exists, please direct me there. I will share mine.

My Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor brass was prepared with maximum care: Full length sized with 0,001 inch headspace clearance, sized down in 2 steps then expanded with expander mandrel, trimmed to 1.910 inch, uniformed primer pocket, uniformed flash hole, deburred and chamfered, primed with CCI 450 small rifle primer, filled with RS 62 powder measured by vintage Ohaus M5 scale, seated with dry neck lube and hopefully with 0,001 neck tension. Seated to magazine length COAL 2.950 inch and CBTO 2,255 inch. Unfortunately, not neck turned yet and not tested for concentricity, but seated in Forster Co-Ax press with their bench rest micrometer seater die. Brass was after 2nd firing with another powder and bullets from my chamber. I am using Quickload and OBT and prediction for nodes were around 41,90 grain and 43,90 grain. In table and graph, you can see my loading development. Speed was measured with MagnetoSpeed.

Question is what next? Because I used 0,3 grain increments should I now more refine around possible node at 43,40 – let’s say from 43,00 to 43,80 by 0,1 grain increment? Am I reading graph and pics correctly? Or is my concept wrong? IF I follow SD several cases are under 10 and rest quite close.

All comments and tips are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

eIEzJ1h.png

TWHzpvX.png

9LyofHv.png

It looks to me that your node at 43.4 is very similar to my tac with 140 Bergers. If your happy with that speed I would do some loads from say 43.3 to 43.7 in 0.1 g increments and see if you have minimal speed increase and pick the mid range of the node. I would suggest also to try a different primer as my experience is that Fed match or Muroms will give more consistent results. I run mine around the 2650 mark and have no issues. Others may say you need more speed but mine are good to a 1000yds without going faster. To go faster you’d need something else than RS62 as it’s about at its limits where you are.