UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Sign in to follow this  
Richiew

Anschutz 1771 tac

Hi All 

Thinking this might be a good fox choice in 223 , good trigger and bolt but poor stock but easy to change to Magpul prs . 
Anyone using one and info appreciated.

thanks Richard 

I don't' own one but then, I won't own Anschutz CF rifles.  I've had a 22 Hornet and a .222 and both overworked the brass. Large chamber. Anschutz told me that their rifles were designed for factory ammunition, not handloads. The 4 round magazine is a deal breaker in a "tactical" rifle. If you like it, go ahead. I'm sure it's well built, but it's a lot of money for little gun. I sincerely think you could do better.~Andrew

Hi Andrew 

thanks for the reply and the info  . Magazine size is a problem also factory ammo only . Other options were the steyr pro varmint or a custom stock Remington 700 stainless or tikka , joe west or grs stock . Not wanting anything too heavy . 
cheers Rich 

I'm not a Remington fan, but I own Steyr and Tikkas (lots of Tikkas including 223 in 10 and 8 inch twists)  I am a Tikka fan. Super Varmint? Do they make that in 223?? My  .223 T3 Lites will shoot better than I can over very long strings on very hot days. Prairiedogs at 300 yards? No problem, first or 50th shot.~Andrew

Hi Andrew 

quite long waiting lists for tikka  . April or may next year for us in the uk . Stainless varmint version looks the ticket for foxes . Thanks for replies and stay free of COVID .

Cheers Rich 

"Good luck. I'll hold my breath.~Andrew"

If you do that "you can't breathe"

Sorry, couldn't resist the bad taste moment!

David.

Save your money and get a CZ 527. They make a varmint MTR for .223.

Excellent value for money.

Thanks mate just seen the new post . Will have a look at CZ , cheers 

On 8/3/2020 at 5:56 AM, Xtrema said:

Save your money and get a CZ 527. They make a varmint MTR for .223.

Excellent value for money.

Seriously ungainly wood. 

I have the CZ 527 American Varmint in 6.5 Grendel and the bedding has been updated to a V-Block system. I don't know if the MTR has the same system but i know that my CZ required no 'fiddling' to shoot well -other than getting rid of that single set trigger.  I hope CZ adopts this system for all their 527 variants. Very accurate rifles.~Andrew

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Seriously ungainly wood. 

I have the CZ 527 American Varmint in 6.5 Grendel and the bedding has been updated to a V-Block system. I don't know if the MTR has the same system but i know that my CZ required no 'fiddling' to shoot well -other than getting rid of that single set trigger.  I hope CZ adopts this system for all their 527 variants. Very accurate rifles.~Andrew

So they've changed the bedding to V-block?

That's really interesting. I had no idea they had done that. 

It's surprising they made no fanfare of it.

image.thumb.png.7ffc9781fb56dcf5cca1efac5ddb7b28.png

The picture makes it look like a bent bit of metal but it is a substantial block with matching cuts in the receiver.

I was also surprised that there was no fan fare about it. I pulled the barreled action out of the stock to replace the trigger and noticed it when i was reassembling it. Unlike my standard American Grendel I bought a few years back -which required bedding and pillars to get to where it is now (excellent)  -this rifle has performed right from the box.~Andrew