20 Bore for Game with None Toxic

10 hours ago, spanner said:

Would you buy one for Game if you could only use none toxic shot?  I have seen a lovely 687EELL but with BASC supporting a Lead Ban would you buy one assuming Lead is gone in 5 years?

Are non toxic shells for sale in the uk?

Here in the US, most hunters go up 1-2 shot sizes (2 for steel, and at least 1 for heavy shot or similar).  So ducks get #2's, and pheasant, dove and quail get #6's.  Rabbits get #4's.

Last time I hunted water fowl, I used Blackcloud and it was extremely effective (a mix of heavy shot and steel pellets).  It's been a few years, so it may have changed some...

YMMV...

• 5 months later...

Not sure if you bought the 20g , but i switched over to the 20g from 12g and 10g and not looked back . All i use is none toxic (Steel and tss)  but mainly homeloads i do use some homeload fiber lead loads which where origionally done for a suppressed 20g Hushpower . But the cycle perfect in my Semi auto i use a teauge 3/4 extended with steel 5 s, 4s, and 3s. in steel  

In tss i use 10s for duck, 9s and 7s for geese.

Thx.  No not bought it yet, waiting to see how things pan out economy wise then I might.  Let's hope the Vaccine fixes the current horror show.  I currently use a Browning 725 in 20 Bore for my Game shooting (last 3 seasons) but have never used it with steel, although this season we have only shot a handful of days with the constantly changing restrictions.  People seem to having good results with TSS shot in 20 Bores, maybe it will save the small bores when the Lead ban comes in.