Foxing Facebook Groups

Paul Cat

Does anyone use these?

I don't 'do' social media but a friend suggested they contain useful info so I thought I'd join. I applied to three (gave my real name and my username here and other forums) yet none replied. One had something in the application notes to the effect that if I didn't have pictures relating to foxing on my social media they'd be unlikely to grant me access and while I'm aware of their desire to avoid antis I imagine most of us don't plaster graphic pictures all over the web.

Are they active or not worth the bother? (I think I've already worked out the answer).

paul cat hi, do your self a favour matey dont broadcast  anything on social media, the less people know what your doing the better,  stay on here or other forums like sd , there are a lot of antis out there who would love to make your life a misery if they got hold of your personal data,   the less people know what you do the better for you and your family, good luck dave.

Useful info, hmmmmmmm.  If you consider "fox down lol" useful, fill your boots.  I see them as little more than an outlet for bragging rights,  if they provided a short write up and listed kit used if would be useful, unfortunately most of the members are unable to use full sentences

Thanks both, pretty much echoes what I suspected. I'd no intention of broadcasting, just sit quietly at the back and receive, but it sounds like the sort of place I'd prefer not to drink.

Ah well, on me own 'tis then!

Im on a few now, when I'm home foxing i don't plaster them with dead foxes, seen one seen them all, i don't see the point in posting hundreds of dead foxes as we all know what they look like, but as you say if i have a good night out i will take the time and do a write up with a few pics of kit and area but no dead fox.

10 hours ago, Kevgun said:

I'm on a couple but never put pictures up, it's mostly dick swinging any way, not worth the bother. IMHO

Sadly this about sums up my experience too. Also never post anything to do with shooting fluffies, doesn't matter what I set privacy settings to on FB, people still seem to know my business ;s

In their pre-amble to the application to join all seemed keen to see online evidence of my shooting. Publicity is the last thing I want so they're almost certainly not for me anyway.

Ignorant buggers might have least replied though.

On 7/7/2020 at 7:25 PM, Akeld said:

Useful info, hmmmmmmm.  If you consider "fox down lol" useful, fill your boots.  I see them as little more than an outlet for bragging rights,  if they provided a short write up and listed kit used if would be useful, unfortunately most of the members are unable to use full sentences

😂  The last 11 words of that quote pretty much sums up how they come across - it's the truth! 😂