Any reason I shouldn’t get the most basic Kestrel (or eBay cheap)?

It works well with Strelok Pro but I wanted it to help me learn my wind calls. As other people have pointed out it only tells you what's going on with the wind near you and not down range, but don't for get it also gives altitude, temp and humidity.

I've also just picked up a book called 'The Wind Book for Rifle Shooters' so hopefully with the two of them and lots of on range practice I'll improve.

Firstly I made a mistake when I said it gives altitude, it's pressure, temp and humidity as well as wind speed and direction. It fills in all this info in the free Weatherflow app and you can save this information in the same app.

Strelok Pro has the option to auto populate this info from the Weathermeter but it didn't work for me so I just used the information from the Weatherflow app.

Just done some more checking and it looks like Weatherflow may be separating some of the functionality.

Please note: The blue WEATHERmeter (WFANO-02) currently works with many popular ballistics calculator apps, however, we recommend the WEATHERmeter for Precision Shooting (WFPSM-02) as some ballistics apps in the future may only support a version of the firmware contained on the shooting specific device. 

Taken from https://weatherflow.com/weather-meter-for-shooting/#1486520584352-7d835a16-28b7