Rangefinders on a budget

Hi all, 

Ive always shot on target ranges with determined distances to the targets. As I'm stepping into some vermin shooting what's your advise on rangefinders? worth it not worth it? nice to have? expense 1500m + or cheaper low range version? I've got permissions for Covid and fox on some land so the distances are not far and I would presume most shots would be 150m ish, but I don't like spending money unless its some thing that will cover me for all my requirements now and in the future. Your experience and advice will be greatly received. Cheers

Whatever you spend only expect to reliably range to about 75% of the claimed distance which will be in ideal light conditions on a reflective target and probably from a tripod or other very stable platform with no wobble to make the beam either over a wide area.

Vectronix are mostbpeoples dream but soooooo spendy!

Leica , Sig excellent.

If you are happy to trade up later you should find second hand bargains from Bushnell , Vortex and others good for 400 yards or more.

Look at reviews and decide budget.

Go for smallest beam divergence specs that you can find.

150m range suggests 17HMR minimum or a some sort of centrefire (definitely not 22 rimfire)

For that range with those calibres, a rangefinder is not needed.

Zero the rifle at 130-150m and then simply point and shoot.

Cheers

Bruce