TAC A1 + OMEGA SEAMASTER

• 3 weeks later...

Yep i like them too, got  a lovely Speedmaster 1970 Moon Watch, my dad brought it for me for my 21st , bless him.

My daily is a 2005 Seamaster, Black face, probably my favorite out of my watches as my youngest daughter picked it for me !   I remember she said how cool the wavy face was , she was 12 at the time!

Keep promising myself a Orange Face Ocean Planet,    Omega's have a understated quality, 

Good choice  son..............................................

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

Do you dive?

Pete

My overdeveloped imagination (primarily a result of Jaws and The Deep) meant I never got further in my flirtation with professional diving than HSE part 4, before deciding I wasn't cut out for it. Why do you ask?

I was a keen scuba diver, back in the days before dive computers etc. and I was going to ask how reliable/resilient the modern high end stuff is when actually used in anger.

In 1977, I had a Seiko 6105 that lasted 5 years before the seals failed, and I rarely went below 30 metres

Pete

If your keen on watches and diving stay away from battery types , in the days of using us navy or bsac tables  I had a cold water dive and the avia watch stopped so no idea how long at depth so abandoned the dive and do a few long safety stops with buddy to make sure all ok . Changed  to a seiko mechanical watch and it’s still going 34 years later never serviced . Not a great time keeper but very reliable . Rolex from 1986 has been serviced regular and dived regular 1500+ dives and is everyday wear .A few battle scars but still great bit of gear . Cheers 

image.jpg

I've got a slightly battered Seiko 7006-7080, a 19 jewel day/date self-winder bought in the 70's..................not a diver, but never serviced and still runs.

Gains around five minutes a month, which I can live with..........

Pete

Can't beat a good Rolex.  My Explorer 2 white face is in for service at the moment (££££!!).  I wear all day every day, work and play.  It needs a service every 5~7 years.  My only bling (apart from rifles naturally).

3 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

Can't beat a good Rolex.  My Explorer 2 white face is in for service at the moment (££££!!).  I wear all day every day, work and play.  It needs a service every 5~7 years.  My only bling (apart from rifles naturally).

Rolex sport / diving watches are ace . Although in all honesty I tend to wear my CwC diver 99% of the time . 

Gluv🇬🇧

This is my bling: https://www.invictawatch.com/watches/detail/8926-invicta-pro-diver-men-40mm-stainless-steel-stainless-steel-black-dial-nh35a-automatic  

Paid £85 for it a few years ago, but I'm almost afraid to wear it in case someone mistakes it for a Rolex and mugs me.................

Pete

On 10/13/2020 at 11:21 PM, Re-Pete said:

Do you dive?

Pete

used to be ships diver in the RN, trained at Vernon back in the day. Bit old for it now though!:D Strangely looking for a seamaster SMPC, version prior to the one in the thread above, at the mo  - great watches.

That's interesting, I belonged to a civvie SCUBA club that trained at Vernon for a while in the late 70's. (The club sec. had some useful contacts................)

I remember the bottom of the eastern end of the channel had metal tables and other stuff for the clearance diver training with cutting/welding equipment, and there was a diving board for the helicopter rescue divers.

Small world.......

Pete

4 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

That's interesting, I belonged to a civvie SCUBA club that trained at Vernon for a while in the late 70's. (The club sec. had some useful contacts................)

I remember the bottom of the eastern end of the channel had metal tables and other stuff for the clearance diver training with cutting/welding equipment, and there was a diving board for the helicopter rescue divers.

Small world.......

Pete

When you've jumped off the top with all your gear swum/run round the mud flats a few times - you realise how unfit you are! Happy days though and the volleyball was great fun after training. It wasn't only tables they used to hide in the muddy waters in the 'pool'! I remember the rebreathing kit we trained with in those days was  errr.... (?) interesting to say the least!:D

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2020 at 3:54 PM, Matt101 said:

Same as you Richie. The Omega was because I'd always wanted a 'Bond' watch and the wife treated me this year.

20190914_152354_resized.jpg

20200322_162954_resized.jpg

Matt I’ve only just seen this mate! Great taste my friend - I’ve got a TAC A1 and the 300M too 😬

Just got my Explorer II  back from servicing:  £😱    Almost as expensive as custom rifle bits!

Oh, well it's nice and shiny now.

Seriously though,  Prestige Time Services in Lymm do an excellent job and are significantly cheaper and quicker than Rolex. I've used them three times now, no issues.

6 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

Just got my Explorer II  back from servicing:  £😱    Almost as expensive as custom rifle bits!

Oh, well it's nice and shiny now.

Seriously though,  Prestige Time Services in Lymm do an excellent job and are significantly cheaper and quicker than Rolex. I've used them three times now, no issues.

POPS! 

Didn’t happen unless theres a photo? I like photos........😬😬😬😬