New Tract Toric UHD 4.5-30x56 - thoughts?

Adam SInfield

I am contemplating ordering the above scope as the reviews seem excellent, especially for the price.

https://tractoptics.com/riflescopes/toric-uhd-4-5-30x56-34mm-ffp-mrad-elr-extreme-long-range-rifle-scope

Im wondering if any of you knowledgable lot have any experience with this particular scope? Those that do, what would you compare it to and is there anything you would recommend instead at a similar price point?

Im also curious for those who have ordered from Tract how it went? I hear their customer service is superb, but I’ve had mixed messages from both them (via their online chat function) and on some FB forums regarding whether the much higher UPS postage includes all relevant VAT, duties etc or not. I calculate this should add about £350ish to the price, but even the top end postage option is only just over $200USD. Anyone know specifically? Or is it just pot luck if Customs notice?

Cheers all!

I purchased the 4-20x50,

it’s an excellent scope, I had a huge amount of support from John with import and export. They are very helpful when you loose zero stop screws etc and just send them out. You will have to pay customs fees somehow. 

I genuinely felt that they wanted you to be happy with the product. 

I would consider buying another.

1 hour ago, tubby10 said:

I purchased the 4-20x50,

it’s an excellent scope, I had a huge amount of support from John with import and export. They are very helpful when you loose zero stop screws etc and just send them out. You will have to pay customs fees somehow. 

I genuinely felt that they wanted you to be happy with the product. 

I would consider buying another.

Thanks!

Which postage option did you pick and how did you pay customs?

Very keen to purchase, but want to know if will be stung for an extra 24.2% when it gets here!

• 4 weeks later...

Lovely scope from the review I looked at ..so many really superb scopes away from the top 5 these days. The clarity of image even looked good on TV and the tracking was spot on...totally repeatable. My next scope I think will be an element but if I come across one of these.....