Dolphin folding stock

Hi Folks,

Whats your opinion on the Dolphin folding stock, I am considering one on an ELR build, whats the quality like and its shootability. Its to fit a BAT action.

With thanks

Richie

I have one in .338LM.  Very satisfied with it.  I have a no-magazine, no-ejection action.  The grip is a Tier One, don't think it's a current choice.  The original grip was too thin for my hand.

Finished in a light earth finish.  The folding stock is plenty stable  - I have a carbon bag-rider that works very well.   All in all, it's strong, robust and the 'V' section bed works very well with the round Barnard action.

Barnard PL action, Truflite 32" barrel, Dolphin muzzle brake.  I have an UIT rail for the bipod (my .308 shares the bipod and that's got an integrated UIT) - a picattiny would be good too.

Rifle now has a S&B PMII in a Spuhr mono-mount

IMG_2093.thumb.jpeg.5b727b1cb546a960ff181b5bfda57a6a.jpegIMG_2310.thumb.jpeg.8fe0f958a1faaf3a949f6b95012bad9b.jpegIMG_2095.thumb.jpeg.d58ad2cfef40f57b99494779fb8a2621.jpeg

We are developing laminate ELR stocks in a thumb up and a thumbhole design these take advantage of the dampening effect of this material, this is proven by the move away from metal chassis stocks in FTR and F open. We understand if people are after a mag fed tactical style rifle laminate is not for you. But if you are building a dedicated single shot ELR rifle these stocks make a large calibre rifle a pussycat to shoot. Have a look at the 300RUM on the Joe West Riflestocks Facebook page.

43 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

I have one in .338LM.  Very satisfied with it.  I have a no-magazine, no-ejection action.  The grip is a Tier One, don't think it's a current choice.  The original grip was too thin for my hand.

Finished in a light earth finish.  The folding stock is plenty stable  - I have a carbon bag-rider that works very well.   All in all, it's strong, robust and the 'V' section bed works very well with the round Barnard action.

Barnard PL action, Truflite 32" barrel, Dolphin muzzle brake.  I have an UIT rail for the bipod (my .308 shares the bipod and that's got an integrated UIT) - a picattiny would be good too.

Rifle now has a S&B PMII in a Spuhr mono-mount

IMG_2093.thumb.jpeg.5b727b1cb546a960ff181b5bfda57a6a.jpegIMG_2310.thumb.jpeg.8fe0f958a1faaf3a949f6b95012bad9b.jpegIMG_2095.thumb.jpeg.d58ad2cfef40f57b99494779fb8a2621.jpeg

Great photos and nice looking smoking iron!

5 minutes ago, dorg said:

We are developing laminate ELR stocks in a thumb up and a thumbhole design these take advantage of the dampening effect of this material, this is proven by the move away from metal chassis stocks in FTR and F open. We understand if people are after a mag fed tactical style rifle laminate is not for you. But if you are building a dedicated single shot ELR rifle these stocks make a large calibre rifle a pussycat to shoot. Have a look at the 300RUM on the Joe West Riflestocks Facebook page.

Hi Dorg,

Thanks but personally looking for a chassis system for this rifle. cheers