UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Richie88

TIKKA TAC A1 Rings/Mounts

Good evening all,

I've been a long time follower of this forum and its proved really useful, so thank you for this.

As the title suggests I've just purchased a Tikka Tac A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor (24"). I bought a pair of Tier One TAC 6 screw rings (high) but these are sitting extremely high.

Can anyone suggest anything more suitable to marry my Nightforce 4-32x50 NX8 to the Tikka please? I know its difficult with the Tikkas extended picatinny...…..

Thanks in advance

RichieB)

This ERA-TAC (25mm Height version) is what I decided to put on mine. It's a 0-70 MOA adjustable that fully locks up at one of its 10 MOA increments (at which point it's about as rock-solid as any top tier fixed mount).

Had mine about 3 years now and it's really proved to be the best of all worlds for a Creedmoor Tac A1 (especially given they come standard with a zero degree rail 🙄).

Mine sits permanently on 40 MOA, which lets me dial 22 MIL on this March scope. (Gets my 147gr ELDMs to 1585 metres & only a 0.8 MIL hold-over for the mile target at Eskdalemuir... :))

I've got 34mm rings for the March, so you'd need the 30mm for your NF: https://www.optics-trade.eu/en/era-tac-adjustable-inclination-mount-30-mm-nut.html

Not the cheapest solution, but I believe the best. So good, in fact, I bought another earlier this year to sit on my new (imminently inbound) ELR build... 😁

TikkaTacA1_ERA-TAC.jpg