Defiance in Creedmoor.

My favourite style of gun, and the style I would say really embodies a classic tactical rig.

CpEH8Dt.jpg

I started with a Defiance Deviant action, to which was fitted a Bartlien rev varmint profile, 1-8" blank. 

Muzzle thread and invisible cap, and also has a Jet Z moderator.

Sc2RyyA.jpg

All metalwork in Cerakote H series Magpul FDE.

The trigger is a Triggertech diamond unit.

The stock chosen was a McMillan A5, and then the work started. 

First job was to mill it out for a Tier one floor plate, then bed that in, once aluminium pillar had been fitted to the stock.

KKIuw9Y.jpg

V4EB5u7.jpg

IBji0ya.jpg

Then the action was bedded, and the top bedding, married to the bottom, which gives a rock solid action/floorplate interface, sandwiched between pillars, and absolutely removes the need for a torque wrench. Nothing can move, stretch, stress etc.

pDusf24.jpg

Once all that was finished, the gun was dry fitted, and everything checked, for clearance fit, such as the barrel channel, bolt stop etc, and enough room allowed for stock paint.

The stock was prepped, and then done in Ceracote Magpul FDE and OD green. sealed under a matt lacquer.

QtI33gq.jpg

ljVV7JA.jpg

I enjoy building all guns, but these are special.

6.5 Terry.

Dont knock it.... Think i'm on my 6th reamer in 10 years....and I very rarely wear a reamer out.

The 6 is starting to become more common now too, especially after Lapua brought out the brass, and its showing great promise with some of the heavy hornady/sierra bullets now available.

• 2 weeks later...