UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

What’s going on with our lovely little club ! 
The committee in there infinite wisdom of one decided to not renew with the nra because of costs, and a personal hatred of the nra !.

They decided to try and run a new private range that hasn’t really got any permission to shoot on and it looks like the police have closed it down !

what a disgrace 

Although I’m not one for airing dirty laundry publicly, I must admit, the decision making that has resulted in this exercise in self destruction is terribly sad.

It was once a lovely little club with so much promise, I hope it does rise again but I sadly doubt it will.

22 hours ago, Has the phoenix burned said:

What’s going on with our lovely little club ! 
The committee in there infinite wisdom of one decided to not renew with the nra because of costs, and a personal hatred of the nra !.

They decided to try and run a new private range that hasn’t really got any permission to shoot on and it looks like the police have closed it down !

what a disgrace 

My first club: what a mess.  "Prejudices are what fools use for reason"  Voltaire

I'm curious, did this club have their own range or did they shoot on MOD ranges?

They were regulars at Kingsbury and Whittington until Mr Teddy was launched ex-cot with extreme prejudice 😁

I know with certainty because I know the chap that did their range booking for a year or so, until he had an attack of the vapours and flounced off to pastures new 😏

37 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

They were regulars at Kingsbury and Whittington until Mr Teddy was launched ex-cot with extreme prejudice 😁

I know with certainty because I know the chap that did their range booking for a year or so, until he had an attack of the vapours and flounced off to pastures new 😏

😂👍

31 minutes ago, Has the phoenix burned said:

He was a nice old chap that used to do the bookings the club went down hill after he left 🤣

Nice OLD chap 😮 😤  The chap I knew was youthful and full of joy (well, full of something 💩

Baaaahhhh