6.5x47 and 130gr ELDM's

No i deer

Anybody using these bullets in there 47. I feel like a change and step down a little as I've always used 140's. RS62 or N150 is what powder I have.  Ive got a handful of RS60 I could try too.. what is the better powder for the 130 grainers..??

as my barrels done over 2000 shots using RS60 doesn't worry me..

I've another barrel ready...

Cheers NID 

The 130 AR Bergers work well on mine - haven’t tried eldm (Varget works fine - circa 37.5 g in my rifle produces just shy of 2900 and adequate accuracy.

I tried the 130gr eldm and mine didn't like them, So I switched over to 130gr Tmk and they are spot on and a lot more consistency to hornady in my opinion, I am loading them using vhit n140 and they are producing .3moa consistently. A bit better if I'm on a good day 

Thank you Rock..

How much N140..?

What's the velocity on what length barrel..?

I'd forgotten about the TMK's..!!

I've been contemplating the 130gr gamechangers but not too much feed back on them..

There designed to be a bit tougher better penetration so I've read, thicker jackets and controlled expansion..

That's fine as long as they don't ricochet after exiting 🤔

I am running 36.1gr n140 with the sierra 130gr Tmk and the velocity is 2815 fps from a 22"barrel,  not a hot load by any means but I went with consistency. 

I tried n150 with them and to get it grouping well I was about 2 grains above max load and it was trashing the primer pockets, 

On 6/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, Scooby-93 said:

A friend is using n160 under 130eld I’m sure he is getting around 2900fps but with a long barrel.

its not a hot load either 

How many grains of N160 Scooby..??

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 11:24 AM, terryh said:

Be interested in the N140 load under 130g's. 

Had some 'funnies' with N140 under the 130g Bergers 😯

T

Hi, I was out for a couple of hours yesterday working up a load for my 6.5x47, 26" tube. 

I had a tub of N140 left after selling my 6mm BR and I bought a few 130 grn TMk's to try and see if I could get them to work, I will stick with a powder charge now and have a play about with the seating depth. I was on a good group and I blew up on the 5th shot and pulled it LOL.IMG_20200712_165736.thumb.jpg.d6abf57ddfc83853a433b3354d245f88.jpg

7 minutes ago, pengo said:

I use Reloder 15 with 130gn Berger VLD's and get very good results out to a 1,000 yards.

I'm considering RS60 as my new barrel will be sub 24 inches  and I could gain 100fps