AMP DIY Alternatives - Induction Annealing

gruntus

6 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

The second link is just for the wire coils, not the heater.....read the description. (Unless Condition 1 meant that you'd need both?)

This is a regular ploy used on ebay...........

Pete

Yes, you would need both. Not sure if the controller has a timer. If it does buying both of those might work. 
not an expert one these was just looking to see if I could see a very cheap alternative. Not quite cheep enough for me though.

but if you look around that site you can just basically get the board for 20 quid. 

• 3 weeks later...

To the guys who've bought the induction heaters. 
The replaceable heater coils go through a black plastic face with two holes in (and an LED light) and then into two holes in the interior metal body.
The hole on the plastic face can be off-set from the holes in the metal interior body, this can result in the heater element touching the plastic face.
Solutions:
1. Make sure the soft copper wire is bent away from the plastic face.

And or

2. Open up the holes in the plastic face so there is plenty of clearance around the heater element.

Apart from that I'm very happy with the system that the US guy put together. 
Like him, I will need to go to a USB desktop fan, (with a three pin plug to USB female) to keep things cool for larger quantities of cases.

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, Lillico said:

I went this way. 

It works fine.   

I use plain green soap as a temperature indicator.

All parts available on Ebay (UK)

Following this post above, I bought the various bits from eBay and built myself one. 20mins later (mostly spent stripping the thick electrical extension cord) and it was up and running. All I can say is that’s it’s a great bit of kit, it works really well. No gas and it’s super portable, easy to move from case to case. 
Many thanks to Lillico for posting the video as it had everything I needed (I am in no way an electrical engineer). 👍