AICS Mag adaption

Good morning,

I was wondering if anyone has adapted their AICS magazine to fit a different cartridge than it was intended for?

I currently have a 7 round mag for my .300WSM which works well but does protrude rather a lot. I also have an AICS .308win 5 round mag which I was hoping to adapt to get 3 or 4 300WSM rounds in.

Is it simply a case of widening the flanges?

Any help or dissuasion appreciated.

Best,

J

Normally only bending the shoulder contact on the aics metal mag a little flatter in the top section. Think we didn't touch the lips but can't remember 100%. RPA sell dedicated Accurate wsm mags as far as I know.

edi

I have a 10rd aics genuine which an “alleged“ gunsmith adapted to fit a custom stock. Still functions fine but he grinded material from front and back. I’m too particular and a bit ocd. Might be a better option than risking a perfect mag. Pm me if you want to know more. 

On 6/20/2020 at 10:40 AM, ejg223 said:

Normally only bending the shoulder contact on the aics metal mag a little flatter in the top section. Think we didn't touch the lips but can't remember 100%. RPA sell dedicated Accurate wsm mags as far as I know.

edi

Thanks Edi, I'll measure the distance between the lips and bend the shoulders to fit. Worth a go over buying a new one for £90. 

On 6/20/2020 at 4:18 PM, Richard308 said:

I have a 10rd aics genuine which an “alleged“ gunsmith adapted to fit a custom stock. Still functions fine but he grinded material from front and back. I’m too particular and a bit ocd. Might be a better option than risking a perfect mag. Pm me if you want to know more. 

Thanks Richard, the WSM is short action so length is not a problem in the .308 mag. I already have the longer 7rnd WSM ACIS mag which it the same length as a 10rnd .308 mag. Thanks all the same.