Suppressor required for 45/70 Marlin Dark

8 minutes ago, mousegunner-uk said:

Does anyone know of a company who makes a .45 suppressor for a Marlin 45/70 Dark Series?

https://wildcatmoderators.co.uk/complete-moderators.html   Predator 12 ?

They make a 45ACP (.451) so I would have thought a custom one for the .458 would be possible

With a bullet diameter of 11.6mm you'd need a mod with a bore approaching 12mm at the tightest and 12.8mm to offer a deal of wriggle room.

It would be huge ....  surely what you just shot, with such a behemoth, mates aren't going to run off under the hedgerow and you'll want to frighten off it's buddies + any other predators in the close vicinity ? I'd think the best moderator for such a cal would be a good pair of earplugs. Alternatively, a pretty, curvy, long (dark) haired jungle goddess wearing a suitably scanty, torn, chamois leather bikini could stand entwined with her fingers in your ears ?

Over barrel mods are out..... the barrel on the Dark is too short...

Alison at Wildcat says they are developing something, but due to current climate this isn't going to be quick...

Ase don't do one, Tukka replied very quickly on that.... SilencerCo won't supply the UK, but do offer some options for US customers....

Brugger and Thomet will modify one of their Starlite Suppressors, but at some cost (£500 ish)..... these are somewhat wider than the standard front sight post and will require an optic to clear the can....

ETA:  Jacksons have nothing for the 45/70

20200608_155334.jpg

I,ll bet Mick at MYM would make you one Dave.

He makes the stainless T8 style ones, I get them regularly for one particular customer. He's up north too.

I'll send you his number.