.22 AR mags that look 'right'.

brown dog

I realise this is a pretty superficial question; but has anyone found a .22 AR mag that visually approximates the external shape of 5.56 mags?   

MP15 mags jar my eye!

(Or anyone ever cut an MP15 mag down to fit it into a 'proper' mag?)

13 hours ago, saddler said:

I use a couple of .22 Bremmers that are based on the US Issue M261 conversion.
The magazine of the original system comprises of a 10-rd small metal unit...which is wiggled into a donor full sized STANAG magazine.

It has the advantage of being usable in most sizes of AR15 mag, plus the donor magazine can be one that is well past normal use with chewed up or otherwise boogered feed lips, as the 10-rd insert uses it's own internal spring and feed lips, etc.
The minor annoyance - the insert is only 10-rd = but Black Dog offer a M261 model in either 25-rd or ITAR friendly 10-rd* options = $15  a pop, with orders over $100 then getting 25% off. Only got one of the BDM units so far, so not tried them for fit inside a metal AR body: it could finally be a way to find a use for the awful RG SA80 jobs...

* the 10-rd BDM mags take about 5 minutes to convert back to standard 25-rd capacity

Please would you post a link to the mag insert version - can't spot it.

Is it the shape or colour of the mags that is a problem? Or the fact that most of the 22 mags have screws all the way round and/or a thin part down the middle?

The only ones I have seen that fit the bill totally are the M261 mag insert (and the Air Force conversion kit that I haven't seen in the UK) as these use the standard magazines. CMMG make a good looking mag just needs the holes filling and painting to get the colour correct.