Bad Rock South Fork

JDT

Anybody know if anyone's importing these or can? Says they're a division of Defiance Machine so thought maybe those who have an account importing Defiance actions might be able to get hold of them:

https://badrockrifles.com/

Seem like good value, although with import and taxes that value may take a nose dive...

• 5 weeks later...

Having imported both entire rifles and various rifle components to be built from the US, I would possibly rethink the choice.

If the price is $2k, that’ll work out the same in £. Then factor shipping, handling, cost of the US Export License, UK VAT and import duty, UK proofing, etc etc. I suspect the $2k will end up costing close to £3.5k by the time it arrives at your door.

Absolutely no disrespect, but given that it’s likely going to cost £3.5k I would look at something with a better action, one that doesn’t have a pinned recoil lug or rail (less to come loose or go wrong). One of my rifles is a Defiance Mutant (tube gun action) and they’re nice. I also have an Impact Precision 737r...which is very very nice. I ordered 4-5 spare pre-chambered barrels for each gun in the various calibre’s I wanted. Tonnes of other stuff too. When deciding what to import, I went with the max I could afford knowing the cost and effort makes it more worthwhile.

But again, for the cost, time and effort, I would either save some more pennies and spend on higher end spec to import to the UK (it is a hassle...so buy once and cry once) or possibly look at higher spec 2nd gun here in the UK. Plenty of AI’s kicking about.

Just my opinion!

18 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

Having imported both entire rifles and various rifle components to be built from the US, I would possibly rethink the choice.

If the price is $2k, that’ll work out the same in £. Then factor shipping, handling, cost of the US Export License, UK VAT and import duty, UK proofing, etc etc. I suspect the $2k will end up costing close to £3.5k by the time it arrives at your door.

Absolutely no disrespect, but given that it’s likely going to cost £3.5k I would look at something with a better action, one that doesn’t have a pinned recoil lug or rail (less to come loose or go wrong). One of my rifles is a Defiance Mutant (tube gun action) and they’re nice. I also have an Impact Precision 737r...which is very very nice. I ordered 4-5 spare pre-chambered barrels for each gun in the various calibre’s I wanted. Tonnes of other stuff too. When deciding what to import, I went with the max I could afford knowing the cost and effort makes it more worthwhile.

But again, for the cost, time and effort, I would either save some more pennies and spend on higher end spec to import to the UK (it is a hassle...so buy once and cry once) or possibly look at higher spec 2nd gun here in the UK. Plenty of AI’s kicking about.

Just my opinion!

Well said 👍

On 7/3/2020 at 3:43 PM, Catch-22 said:

Absolutely no disrespect, but given that it’s likely going to cost £3.5k I would look at something with a better action, one that doesn’t have a pinned recoil lug or rail (less to come loose or go wrong). 

Don't know anything about these rifles but there's nothing to go wrong with a pinned recoil lug, the barrel keeps everything in place, and the pin(s) are there to prevent lug rotation on re-barrelling so you don't have to re-bed, in a conventional stock set up anyway, 

Lehman,

Do not think anyone’s saying there is anything ‘wrong’ with a pinned recall lug, it was the way things were always done historically.

It is just with EDM technology now more available then a receiver that is one piece with both recoil lug and scope rail is moe common and, in theory, a better approach technically.

T

Its a Defiance Tenacity action [ I use them ]

Custom barrel, MDT stock, trigger tech.

You could have that built here for less money than importing one.