Wooden AI AW stocks

Roy W

The trigger guard could be a weak point, depending on the grain orientation, and the action would need to be bedded.

Probably OK for airsoft, but maybe not for a centre/rim fire job...............they do look very nice, though.

Pete

On 6/3/2020 at 6:43 AM, Elwood said:

I like that.

+1. Out of curiosity, why would they not be suitable for, say, a Remington clone action if properly bedded?

18 hours ago, saddler said:

Spent a month in Indonesia about 10 years ago and visited all sorts of workshops, etc.

I'd not trust most of the raw materials I've seen used there to catch fire if first doused with petrol - plus even the site photos show a few obvious marks and blemishes in the wood & varnish. It has the look of something that will end up banana shaped due to not being properly seasoned, etc.
The golden rule/mantra in Indonesia is CHEAP =  the bamboo dining tables and 8 chair sets that retail here for several hundred quid are sold there for under $20 a set

I seem to remember a UK firm making very nice L96 style stocks in any action footprint you want - Staffordshire Synthetic Stocks - plus compatible with AICS magazines, etc.

Thanks for the info. It was just curiosity because a already have an AICS stock.

• 2 weeks later...

If its some form of soft wood itl only take so much before it could get damaged, a hardwood on the other hand? If its airsoft "noverich" a very good airsoft sniper btw its in the cheaper end of the market material wise, ok for a remmy700 airsoft clone that weighs naff all as there made of alu and softer grade hollow metal barrels etc . 

I regularly watch on UT an uk sniper airsoft called Kicking Mustang, you would be surprised in his ghillie how close he gets to the oblivious enemy and able to knife them sometimes. They have a range of about 100 mtrs . Take a look you be impressed