Lapua 308 Subsonic ammunition x480 rounds

Still in original boxes. Lapua factory built subsonic ammunition in 308win. Around 5 years old but factory sealed and still shoots just fine. Stored in temp regulated reloading room at home. Utilises the Lapua 200gn subsonic bullet. Suits 1-8 to a 1-10 twist. Not stable in a 1-12. 

480 rounds total. Looking for £350ono. Collection in Lincs. FAC required. Social distancing adhered to. 

IMG_20200218_205232.jpg

IMG_20200218_205236.jpg

1 minute ago, gazzarM1 said:

Full metal jacket

Yeah i know that. That's what I'm saying. What use would Full metal Jacket subsonic rounds be used for? There would be little to no expansion from the bullet what it hits the animal, they may tumble on entry.  

4 minutes ago, saddler said:

Killing people, ie enemy combatants.
IF they'd been intended for use on animals then they'd not have been made with an FMJ bullet

Various international rules of warfare stipulate that bullets designed to expand cannot be used by the military = the police, yes

Thank you. So a limited use to civilian 

Limited knowledge believe that FMJ have no sporting/commercial use. 
These are in commercial packets not military packaging. Given Scandinavia has a long establish sporting firearms use, I’d go with that. 

it was The Hague Convention of 1899 that banned expanding bullets for international warfare, built of previous agreements from the late 1860s

But saddler was trained in the shipyards of Sunderland so doubtful the rough old stripey deckchair has much knowledge on anything past the use of a hammer...

The Maccem Chimp. 

Sorry about the lack of reply my end. I've been wading through messages. Anyway the rounds have been put on hold as someone has asked to buy the lot. When the deal goes through I'll mark post sold. 

As to use. They make a fantastic training round. Every mistake you make with trigger pull, breathing ect will be seen at the target in a magnified fashion due to slow velocity. Great for new or young shooters who don't want to be blasted with noise ect. 

I have also used for pest control on vermin species with no problem at all. 

Superb bullet. 

Always my first choice for a 300 whisper or Blackout. About the only bullet with any real accuracy, when shot subsonically.

FMJ's travelling slowly have an unbelievable shock when the target is hit. The bullet won't penetrate, but bounce around inside. Use your imagination.

Like smacking a cow on't arse wi a shovel......

If I were to buy these it would be to pull them apart and have nice new Lapua cases to reload with a lighter bullet and nice new 200gr bullets to load for 300 win mag or perhaps 30/06

Not sure of the powder burning rate so I'm not sure if that could be used elsewhere.

• 1 year later...