Canine companions

VarmLR

We lost our JRT boy a few weeks ago. He came to us from Battersea 16 years ago. He was a top ratter, the hilight of his career being him getting a rat under the Eifel Tower! Missing him badly.

No rush, but if anybody can point me in the direction of another, that would be good.

1 hour ago, Rob1562 said:

Here's Archie......10 years old and as mad as a box of frogs !

Regards, Rob.

IMG_0396.jpg

Lovely hound!  German Pointer ?

Slovakian Roughhaired Pointer........supposedly best of all contributing breeds.....Weimmie/GRP/Sesky.

Allegedly calm and biddable........Archie not so much, think his mother must have laid on him as pup and starved him of oxygen ! Didn't start to calm down until he was 3 yrs and even then he wasn't that calm.

He is not, and will never be, a peg dog or sit under high seat, he is however fantastically driven and will hunt and track all day long....he loves it !

Regards, Rob.

48 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

Lovely hound!  German Pointer ?

1 hour ago, Rob1562 said:

Slovakian Roughhaired Pointer........supposedly best of all contributing breeds.....Weimmie/GRP/Sesky.

Allegedly calm and biddable........Archie not so much, think his mother must have laid on him as pup and starved him of oxygen ! Didn't start to calm down until he was 3 yrs and even then he wasn't that calm.

He is not, and will never be, a peg dog or sit under high seat, he is however fantastically driven and will hunt and track all day long....he loves it !

Regards, Rob.

LoL!

He's a lovely looking chap.  We sadly had to part with our fella a few years back and I've been wanting another dog ever since as the family feels incomplete without one, plus I miss the dog when rough shooting and for general companionship when working from home.

This was our old fella:

IMG_1083.JPG

My German Shepherd.

An ex police dog (rejected at 12 months for being too big!!) He now has a better life with me on the farm. Great companion who's with me 24/7. 

20200519_204212.jpg

5 hours ago, Deeredriver said:

My German Shepherd.

An ex police dog (rejected at 12 months for being too big!!) He now has a better life with me on the farm. Great companion who's with me 24/7. 

20200519_204212.jpg

Super looking dog Deeredriver.

10 hours ago, VarmLR said:

Thanks Pops.  We miss him loads..he was a hell of a character!

I think it's a trait of the HPR breeds, they have the most expressive eyes !

Recoverd_jpg_file(880).jpg

On 5/24/2020 at 12:12 AM, VarmLR said:

Thought there was something missing here...no doggy section!

I'll kick it off with our newish little fella, "Murphy"

IMG_2109.JPG

Murphy4.JPG

Murphy is a belter.

I have a couple of working cockers, they are hard to beat as an all round family/working companion.

Heres my two, Safi on the left is now 9yrs old, her daughter Maggie on the right is now 6yrs old. Had it not been for CV-19 Maggie would have been close to having her own litter now and we would have kept a bitch to maintain the family line. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 09.26.13.png

8 hours ago, Big Al said:

Heres my two, Safi on the left is now 9yrs old, her daughter Maggie on the right is now 6yrs old. Had it not been for CV-19 Maggie would have been close to having her own litter now and we would have kept a bitch to maintain the family line. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 09.26.13.png

Lovely dogs Al

Safi is the spitting image of Murphy's dad!   His mum was an all brown cocker, both KC registered.   I had the 5 generations certificate and he's got about 30% field trial champions in his blood, mostly from generations 3 to 5 back and they've been bred from biddable stock without quite the trial stock temperament since then to produce hopefully a balanced temperament.  Murphy's a little sod for tearing up grass, sitting in the flower bed and veg patch, ripping his (expensive!) bed to shreds etc.  I'm not too hard on him at this stage and have started his training.  At 14 weeks he's sitting, lying down (to command) fetching (at least in the garden!) and off the leash in the field, has good call re-call on two pips of the whistle.  He does though have the concentration of a goldfish so any training sessions are short for now, no more than 5 to 10 minutes a day.  Thought he was fully house trained until yesterday when he had a few accidents, but he's still young and will learn.  You can't tire him out though...he wants to keep going all day!

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, justin credible said:

The clan hard at work guarding their settee.

30541656-29A3-4023-9DEB-F8D2869504B7.jpeg

Great! feeding time must be fun