Lantac Vs Kriss defiance

Amjharris

Have the Kriss and have had zero issues with it. Trigger was a little heavy from the off, but any after market AR trigger works or you can polish the trigger. Theres loads of YouTube videos on how to do it. 

Other than the 2 above mentioned a BAR22 would be my next in line. 

I went through the same process and wnded up with a CMMG

Tried most of what else was around at the time  and well they didnt feel right  if i was buying one now i would probably get Baldie on here to nake one as close to the 22 straight pull ive just bought from him .

If you like diffent there is also the Beryl  ak full metal  http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/firearms_beryl22.htm 

good fun and accurate

26 minutes ago, Dellboy said:

I went through the same process and wnded up with a CMMG

Tried most of what else was around at the time  and well they didnt feel right  if i was buying one now i would probably get Baldie on here to nake one as close to the 22 straight pull ive just bought from him .

If you like diffent there is also the Beryl  ak full metal  http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/firearms_beryl22.htm 

good fun and accurate

Thanks I'll take a look at the CMMG. I also have one of Dave's straight pull ar's, they are brilliant rifles. Unfortunately his 22lr's are out of budget for me otherwise that would definitely be my first choice.

1 hour ago, Amjharris said:

Thanks I'll take a look at the CMMG. I also have one of Dave's straight pull ar's, they are brilliant rifles. Unfortunately his 22lr's are out of budget for me otherwise that would definitely be my first choice.

buy once cry once   lol

....someone needs to convince Baldie to make a few 22rf AR’s perhaps 😉, just saying.

Not sure why the reluctance to spend a few £ on a good 22rf?

Think a 22rf has great appeal and probably more opportunity for use?

A good 22rf AR even more so 😎

27 minutes ago, brown dog said:

Definitely, you are wise to go for a good brand, although not one of the two you're looking at, my BAR22 gives a huge 'pleasure of use' grin factor:

Screenshot_20200522-153054_Gallery.jpg

Concur whole heartedly

NB light is not rabbit/Walt value, it is for run and gun in the dark stages at local club comps - much grin factor

144FD631-7902-48E2-A580-9144D05B6A6C.jpeg.6f2f8a4e33f4f4e06d87bfa9390578f6.jpeg

36 minutes ago, terryh said:

....someone needs to convince Baldie to make a few 22rf AR’s perhaps 😉, just saying.

That's a good post Terry.

People talk of "it's metal and real, I don't want polymer" but in my opinion, and it's only an opinion, if you want the "real feel" you've got to buy "real steel".

The CMMG rifles fall into this category and they are very good. The Lantac is excellent and boutique, the Bradley BAR22 is excellent (I have an AR10 version).

My choice was a Spikes Tactical Gen 2 billet upper situated on top of a Knights Armament SR15 lower.

Yes, all the above rifles named may be too pricey for some, but to me, it's what i wanted and I use it more than any other rifle I own and it will last forever and I LOVE it.

Dave Wylde's builds would be on that list too. 

As i said, it's just my opinion but you do get what you pay for in life.

image1 (002).jpeg

image0 (002).jpeg

1 hour ago, terryh said:

he will 

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda Biased here obviously.

The Kriss is a nice rifle, the barrel i believe uses 10/22 barrels, some users didnt like some of the MIM components.

LASF15- same everything as our USA LA-SF15 rifles, just different BOLT/ Barrel/ Mag adaptor. so definitely up to the 'milspec' and more.

Barrels are received in as profiled and unchambered, cut to required size, recrowned and hand chambered .22Bentz

CMMG BCG is modified slightly for perfect feeding.

I build the odd .22 AR, but to be honest, not my thing really.

As I don't import personally, all my AR bits come from Brownells, which makes them expensive.

To be competitive , price wise, in the .22 market, you need to import, or make your own cnc parts, as others do.

I'm getting a bit long in the tooth for that personally.

Folk buy from me, because they simply want one of my guns, they are no better than other peoples, and usually more expensive, because of the parts situation.