NRA survey on a limited September TR Imperial

RobinC

The NRA are running a Survey through Survey Monkey on the likely interest in a limited Imperial TR meeting to be run in September this year,  if the government restrictions allow them to.

Have Fun

Robin

From another website:

The NRA is planning a Mini Imperial TR Meeting on 12-19 September inclusive, subject to restrictions being lifted enough to allow it. They are conducting a survey to gauge likely participation.

Not sure that F-Class is on the menu.

The full proposed dates, and the events were all defined, I did not make a note of them, other than being in September,  and when I went back to the NRA survey it would not let me access it again to find the dates, as I'd a completed the survey!

My survey request  was for TR , I note there is a CSR one, and I suspect there would be an F class one.

I replied in the survey as  "unlikely"  as my concern was accommodation and dining, I think those may still be a risk in September? 

Have Fun

Robin

On 5/21/2020 at 12:48 PM, RobinC said:

The full proposed dates, and the events were all defined, I did not make a note of them, other than being in September,  and when I went back to the NRA survey it would not let me access it again to find the dates, as I'd a completed the survey!

My survey request  was for TR , I note there is a CSR one, and I suspect there would be an F class one.

I replied in the survey as  "unlikely"  as my concern was accommodation and dining, I think those may still be a risk in September? 

Have Fun

Robin

Buy yourself a camper. By September they will probably be cheaper than a hotel! Also, Fat Tony's is open now so should be open for competitions. I can recommend a top chippy 10 mins from Bisley.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, John MH said:

From another website:

The NRA is planning a Mini Imperial TR Meeting on 12-19 September inclusive, subject to restrictions being lifted enough to allow it. They are conducting a survey to gauge likely participation.

Any more news on this, now Bisley is partially open and will probably be fully open then?

On 5/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, John MH said:

From another website:

What? There's another website on this subject?

Just got this from the NRA.

We are delighted to confirm the following:-

Ranges
From 4th July, all NSC ranges will be open for affiliated club and member bookings, Wednesday to Sunday. Further details below.

Competitions
A busy programme of competitions, including the autumn NRA Imperial Meeting, runs from 26th August to 25th October. Further details below.

Ammunition Sales and Rifle Hire 
From 4th July, the armoury is open for ammunition sales and rifle hire, Wednesday to Sunday. Contact the armoury armoury@nra.org.uk or 01483 797777 extn. 134

Training and Assessment Courses
Commence from Saturday 1st August. Further details below.

National Clay Shooting Centre
From 4th July, open for English and Olympic Skeet, DTL, and OT, Wednesday to Sunday. Contact info@nsc-clays.co.uk or 01483 797666

Clays Café
From Friday 17th July, serving a limited menu with hot and cold beverages, open Friday to Sunday.

Accommodation and Camping
From Thursday 16th July; online bookings open Monday 13th July via https://nra.campmanager.com/CheckAvailability.asp?URL=CheckAvailability.asp

NRA Offices
0830 to 1700 Monday to Friday; telephone 01483 797777

Ranges
The relaxation of some of the restrictions put in place by the Government to combat COVID-19 will allow us to edge a little closer to normality in our procedures, but more importantly we will be able to open additional ranges and practice other disciplines. This will, however, require some adjustment to the way in which we are manning the ranges:

• The NSC supervision on the ranges will be reduced from the 4th July 2020.  Range Safety staff will be visiting each range regularly but there will not be anyone encamped on the range, as in recent weeks. 
  • In an attempt to protect staff and customers we will continue to minimise the footfall through the range office.  Lane allocation will be displayed at key points around the complex and radios will be provided in each area. If you have a problem please call the range office on the radio provided or 01483 797777 Ext 152.  The range staff will respond.

-              Rifle hire will resume but must be pre-booked and prepaid. 
-              Firearms and ammunition can be collected at the range office window

The additional facilities available are:

• Melville Range with restrictions on targets available at 25m.
  • Cheylesmore Range using alternate targets
  • Manual targets with markers on Century, Stickledown and Short Siberia
  • McQueen Castles on Century only
For the time being the Zero Range will continue to encompass Winans Bay B; this will be reviewed in a few weeks once the demand has become clear.

Payment for and use of the Zero Range will revert to the normal procedure w/c 4th July.  Zeroing Targets will be available at the range office window for £5.00 from the 4th July.

The opening of additional facilities and the return of services such as firearm hire are very welcome milestones but we ask that you bear in mind that the Range Services Team is not at full strength at the moment, with many of the team helping out in unfamiliar areas.

There are procedures for each range; please take the time to look at them prior to arriving at the National Shooting Centre.  They do provide additional detail that you will need for an enjoyable visit to Bisley and can be found at https://nra.org.uk/coronavirus-update-4th-july-range-booking-procedures-and-risk-assessments/

Competitions
In light of the opening of accommodation, caravan sites and hospitality in early July, and following positive responses to surveys, we will now press on with launching the revised programme of late summer and autumn competitions.

We are working up COVID-secure protocols for each event and will publish details well in advance.  The safety of all competitors, visitors, range officers and staff is uppermost in our minds.  We are confident that if people follow the guidance, observe social distancing at all times and maintain good personal hygiene, these events will be safe and enjoyable for everyone.

For Match Rifle, Civilian Service Rifle and Target Rifle, the respective Meetings will be designated ‘Imperial’ competitions; major prizes will be awarded including the Hopton (MR), individual and Methuen team match for CSR, and the Grand Aggregate, St George’s and HM Queen’s Prize for TR.

The GB F Class Association (GBFCA) and NRA will stage a joint F-Class Meeting in early September – details to follow.

For Gallery Rifle, the GR Nationals and Autumn Action will go ahead broadly as scheduled - some minor changes will be explained in forthcoming announcements. 

Target Shotgun shooters can look forward to their autumn festival in its regular position in early October, with the possible inclusion of the Cottesloe Heath Challenge.

Classic & Historic shooters can look forward to the Trafalgar Meeting.  A revised Handbook is nearing completion and will be published shortly.

Details of each event will be released in the coming days and weeks, with entry forms to follow approximately 6 weeks before the start of each competition.

The outline dates are:

Match Rifle                                         26-31 August
Civilian Service Rifle                        3-6 September
Gallery Rifle Nationals                    5-6 September
F Class                                                   10-13 September
Target Rifle                                         12-19 September
Target Shotgun Festival                 3-4 October
Trafalgar                                              17-18 October
Autumn Action Weekend             23-25 October

Training
We will resume training from 1 August, giving priority to those who had their training suspended in March.  It will take a few days to work through the backlog so please be patient, but we will be in touch.

We will add extra courses during the autumn to cater for pent-up demand for RSO, RCO and Club Instructor, both at Bisley and regionally, and re-schedule the Black Powder and Hand Loading courses where possible.

We all share the responsibility for keeping safe and complying with COVID-19 guidance – please respect and maintain social distancing.

23 minutes ago, Private Marker said:

Good news indeed!

Just one thing, usually the NRA start looking for markers in May for the Imperial in July. I hope there will be enough to go round. That said,  it doesn't sound as intense as the usual Imperial so it might be ok.....

Maybe the TR shooters will have to take turns pulling their own targets like they used to...……...

Maybe things have changed now,

BUT,

When the original survey went out on the possibility of a September Imperial, it did say NO paid markers, shooters would have to mark.

Maybe its changed, but that was the original statement at the end of May.

Have Fun

Robin

It's always been mentioned before that shooters would have to supply markers for competitions, if there was a shortage of NRA markers, it's in the NRA Bible. It could be the NRA can't organise enough markers in time. Last year, the Imperial was 17 days solid, and there was very little else happening at Bisley. There was approximately 130 markers across the ranges at any one time. To be fair, I doubt this Autumn will be on the same scale. When it says no paid markers, does that mean paid by the NRA or paid at all? F Class don't use NRA markers and CSR self mark. So that leaves Trafalgar, Autumn Action ect. Not as intensive on the marker front as the regular Imperial. So I don't understand why there would be a problem getting markers.

'It's always been mentioned before that shooters would have to supply markers for competitions, if there was a shortage of NRA markers, it's in the NRA Bible.'

I don't believe that is the extent of the wording, that shooters have to supply markers.  The intent is that shooters themselves do the marking if there is a shortage of paid markers, unless they have a disability that would prevent them from marking.

Its going to be a challenge to get it rolling if it goes ahead, and the will is certainly there from the NRA.  I have not done the Imperial for almost 40 years, but was tempted this year as generally nothing else is working yet,  the 300 mt range has yet to open, and locally we have one date at Thetford this year in September that's not been cancelled (yet!), so an almost "only" chance to shoot full bore this year, but so many "against's" make it unlikely.

1. I don't do cold and wet, why I like 300 mt, and even Mercer can't guarantee the weather, even though its believed he has direct links to "other" worlds!

2. No guaranteed markers, just got my back OK, I'm not risking it hauling targets again!

3. Biggest problem, being in the risk age group, any hotel or dining will be a very significant risk.

I think it will be well supported, but sadly primarily by those who live in travelling distance, or have private accommodation  (caravans, etc) at Bisley, and by the younger generation.

I wish it well.

Have Fun

Robin

• 3 weeks later...