I have been conned out of Pounds 1200 by member Saint. Andrew who has referred me to a certain Steven Philips peakstevenp@gmail.com  who is now claiming the scope is now lost by Royal Mail he even asked a further Pds 350 ! . I am off to the police to file a report. Watch Out Guys!

If anybody wants to give his input privately (which would be much appreciated) please send me a PM.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He approached me via PM when I put up a wanted add for a scope using the same details - as I work in online fraud I had no intention of responding but in hindsight I should have informed moderators to get him investigated/blocked.

Report the fraud to Action Fraud so that they are aware

Edited by bluey6600
more info

13 minutes ago, parabellum said:

I have been conned out of Pounds 1200 by member Saint. Andrew who has referred me to a certain Steven Philips peakstevenp@gmail.com  who is now claiming the scope is now lost by Royal Mail he even asked a further Pds 350 ! . I am off to the police to file a report. Watch Out Guys!

If anybody wants to give his input privately (which would be much appreciated) please send me a PM.

Hi 

Curious if anyone knows Jasonxx as he has just referred me to an email address ref my wanted ad for an FAC rated BSA R10!!! 
that was a g mail account too. 

11E2AC39-829E-44E7-B85C-258B9677D764.png

Forget referrals to emails outside the forum. Clearly the wanted section is targeted. I am now looking back and found another suspicious referral.

53 minutes ago, parabellum said:

Yep another or the same one 100%

Wouldn’t of fancied the postage from Texas anyway. Total scum hopefully they read this not that they will give a damn. 

1 hour ago, D Johnson said:

Hi 

Curious if anyone knows Jasonxx as he has just referred me to an email address ref my wanted ad for an FAC rated BSA R10!!! 
that was a g mail account too. 

11E2AC39-829E-44E7-B85C-258B9677D764.png

Yeah I had the same from Jasonxx in the wanted section. Referring to "Steven in Texas".

Thanks for your input guys.

winnnierowrow is another asking to reach out to donaldmcginty816@gmail.com

stevewonder is another asking to reach out to Andrew in Durham

Gary is another asking to reach out in Chicago richardboyd025@gmail.com

The crook who swindled me has a UK account on Monzo . 

I have also been approached by this person who told me to reach out to a guy name Steven Philips from Cornwall, when I contacted him he got an Indian lady to call me who he said was his secretary. Fortunately I smelt a rat and I did report the messages. I hope you get these scum bags and get your money back.

Each time I put out a wanted add here I had some one pm. Me with "reach out to so and so in Chicago" obviously I didn't as I assumed it was a scam. Any way, who says "reach out" here. First clue it is a scam IMO. 

Sadly, enough do to make it worth the scum continually trying it on................

Pete

3 hours ago, Ballistol said:

Had the same message from member on here Donald to contact richardboyd025@gmail.com following a request on the Wanted section. 

same here see above.

Can all posts on this please start putting a date to what's being reported - we've made a few tweaks, and undated reports give the misleading impression that this is still happening, and happening as a simultaneous-event tsunami, whereas these are spread out over a few months and the individual is being picked off each time, but reappearing in a new guise - ie most egs in thread are 'a while back'.

Dates with info please! :)

9 minutes ago, brown dog said:

Can all posts on this please start putting a date to what's being reported - we've made a few tweaks, and undated reports give the misleading impression that this is still happening, and happening as a simultaneous-event tsunami, whereas these are spread out over a few months and the individual is being picked off each time, but reappearing in a new guise - ie most egs in thread are 'a while back'.

Dates with info please! :)

I got my email on Wednesday @ 12.04pm. 

Very sorry to hear about you being scammed by this vermin,This is an obvious pattern on the wanted section ,not sure how you can stamp it out,

i had similar experience with the "reach out to Gary ploy"when I put wanted ad for tenabraex scope covers, the price offered was pitched at around 25% cheaper than retail so they'd done some research  what stopped me was the third party referral ,just didn't smell right,I pm,d admin but not sure what they can do  I think perhaps only deal with established members only which is a real shame ,good luck with police hope they track them 😬