Limited re opening of Bisley from 23rd/24th of May

RobinC

13 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

As an aside, if I caught this disease, at my age, I am very aware that it could be pretty much game over.

So you betcha, I wouldn't be taking any chances.

Pete

Me too

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Private Marker said:

I am wanting to go back to work. In a direct email to me it was explained that Bisley was "concerned about social distancing in the butts". I didn't understand that. If every other target is used, that's plenty of room sideways. As to getting to a target, you can walk down the sand between the targets and sand bank. It's that simple. Bisley is treating us all like the under fives.

The person who emailed me has even, on occasion, been a private marker so it's not like they never saw the butts before. 

As far as I can tell it would be possible for me to do private marking whilst on furlough.

Oh and I have never let anyone down, not Bisley or a private client.

I will be in  touch as soon as we can book a normal target, plans are afoot for as soon as it opens up.

17 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

Private Marker has a point.................I planned to book two hours for myself and my partner, but it seems we'd not be allowed to both occupy the firing point at the same time and shoot in turn as we have in the past.

I can't see where this would contravene any of the "regulations" currently in force regarding social distancing, and yes, it does seem as though we're deemed irresponsible by default.

Pete

I have several friends and team mates going down this weekend, so wait to see how it works for them. It is strange how they won’t allow shooters to take in turns on the firing point. I can rationalise all the other rules they have in place but that one puzzles me. 

Me too.............perhaps someone simply wants to emphasise that they're "in control". I'd have thought that an approach which actively encouraged people to attend, thereby increasing the cash flow, would have made more sense. Maybe they're afraid that they'll be swamped by thousands desperate to play with their toys......

Pete

By limiting the numbers to one per firing point they know exactly what to expect and have obviously got a management plan in place for something that they have never done before. Now if I book a target and three of my friends join me they don't know what to expect unless I tell them when I book the target, they then have to manage the social distancing between people that haven't see each other for a few months.Personally I will mange my own space, but the NRA have to be seen to be doing the right thing.

I also suspect they have limited the numbers in case something does go wrong!

Im there on Saturday, fingers crossed the electronics will work, and then work accurately 😳

I believe Borris said the next step on relaxing lockdown was in 10 days time? We might perhaps see some normality for individual shooters by the first or second week in June?

I shot Olympic trap there this morning, and that was well organised, the clay layouts have been repainted and had new grass sown.

They were only letting two people shoot on a layout at a time, not because of the 2 meter rule, but because of the only meeting one person rule IYSWIM.

Oh and yes it was Windy!

I shot Century twice this morning and Stickledown in the afternoon, 7-10 1/2 minutes of wind at 900 yards  was in at the deep end after 2 months away.

The day was well organised, the electronic targets worked, enjoy.

From reading the NRA Facebook page, I had a feeling it wasn't busy. On it they were offering slots for tomorrow. Given booking opened on Tuesday, I thought they would be fully booked. Maybe it was all the "one firer, one hour, one booking" put people off. I know it was possible to book more than one slot but that wasn't instantly obvious.

According to the 2020-2021 hire charges I just downloaded from the NRA website, it should have been "N/A", whatever that means....................

Pete

2 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

According to the 2020-2021 hire charges I just downloaded from the NRA website, it should have been "N/A", whatever that means....................

Pete

N/A means they don't normally offer electronic targets by the hour at weekends. On the table, an hour's hire  in the week is £20.

At the moment, if  you managed to get a full half day, you would pay more for an electronic than a half day on a manual target with an NRA marker.

2 hours ago, Private Marker said:

Well I suppose they have to pay for the hand gel somehow...

They need to keep paying the wages of the staff who aren't furloughed. Having a handful of lanes as your only revenue streams means the prices need to reflect the outlay as much as possible.

Seems totally reasonable to charge a price that reflects the situation.

They have just announced weekday opening on Facebook, so expect a members email any time now

FROM the NRA FB page

WEEKDAY SHOOTING IS BACK!!

As of Friday 5th June we will be open for bookings on Fridays (morning only) as well as Saturday/Sunday (all day)

NCSC will also be open to members and non-members all day Friday to Sunday commencing 5th June

Get your range bookings in now! Please see previous announcements for more detail and restrictions in place.