Guys, As i mentioned below in "division of funds" im soon to get a new 6.5cm for all round target shooting 100m to 1000m+.

Now rather limiting my choice is I really dont like the look of tactical rifles, I do however like wood. Looking round it seems i have a couple of options for a wooden (Liminate is ok)  stock.  One is a Hunter type stock, Ive seen a couple of Howa actions in GRS stocks, or a pure target/F class type stock ,the Sabatti TLD gold for instance.

My question is which design of stock do you think would be the best allrounder?  Can you shoot McQueens with the Sabatti or 1000m with a GRS hunter? or if as I hope, my lack of talent will be an issue before the rifle design at any discpline.

Hi 

I shoot FTR and F Open 

All my rifles are from Mik at Dolphin. The stocks are Joe West around £600 to £700 and upwards depending on what you want. I am sure if you were to give him a call he would help. Have a look at the Joe West web site 

I like the GRS stocks, one of my Creedmoors is in a Hybrid stock which has done everything from stalking to banging steels exceptionally well. I’ll probably end up letting it go soon as it doesn’t fit with the direction my shooting is going in these days.

F2C5A916-19EE-4D4C-B7F9-2494957AB706.jpeg

20 hours ago, Charlts said:

I like the GRS stocks, one of my Creedmoors is in a Hybrid stock which has done everything from stalking to banging steels exceptionally well. I’ll probably end up letting it go soon as it doesn’t fit with the direction my shooting is going in these days.

F2C5A916-19EE-4D4C-B7F9-2494957AB706.jpeg

I have that stock for my .308 Tikka and it's one of the most comfortable shooting stocks I own.  I'd second that as a good recommendation.

• 2 weeks later...