Fortmeier over the top bipod

I am thinking of buying one of the above ,I have a MDT LLS XL GEN 2 Chassis,and thinking of buying

MDT NV Hoods to fit on to accommodate the fortmeier,my question is will it affect my vision through

the scope,as it is mounted low, thanks in advance

That’s a weird placement for the PodLock. mine doesn’t look like that. My spigot has the PodLock, not the bridge.
Looks like the bridge was originally a 6 o clock version, then the user switched the picatinny spigot upside down and placed the PodLock in the top where the proper torx bolt should go.

Id say that if you had a ‘genuine’ 12 o clock bridge and picatinny spigot, then you should have enough clearance.

1 hour ago, Catch-22 said:

That’s a weird placement for the PodLock. mine doesn’t look like that. My spigot has the PodLock, not the bridge.
Looks like the bridge was originally a 6 o clock version, then the user switched the picatinny spigot upside down and placed the PodLock in the top where the proper torx bolt should go.

Id say that if you had a ‘genuine’ 12 o clock bridge and picatinny spigot, then you should have enough clearance.

Yeh, I did move the locking lever to the top - so it's easy to adjust when you set up and I never remove the fixing, so the Allen screw is fine on the side.

Not sure why you’d do that tbh, unless of course you’re using the 6 o’clock Fortmeier rather than the proper 12 o’clock version for over barrel shooting.

Personally I find it incredibly fast attaching and detaching the bipod with the PodLock on the spigot, especially given there’s a QD leaver on the bridge that permits the bridge to separate from the spigot in a second or two...and it definitely doesn’t stop me from seeing the target 😂

Adjusting the bipod is perfectly fine and fast, not that it needs to be as it’s not a PRS gun or bipod designed for PRS use. I’d suggest the OP should be fine with the PodLock in its original place.

Fair enough!

But still not sure why you don’t just leave spigots (w. PodLocks) on the rails (per what you’ve said) and just remove the bridge using the built in QD leaver on the side. Refer to the last of my photos, top left of bridge (when looking at photo) shows the QD leaver.

Surely you can then leave the podloc alone and avoid it sticking out the top, obscuring the target?

Anyway, each to their own!

• 3 weeks later...