Does anyone still build 6mmAR?

Adamdavi3s

Without getting into a debate about why I’ve chosen this over others etc, although yes I am miffed the 6mm ARC looks to be a new incoming sammi 6mm AR round, do any of the current AR builders on here still build them? 

I would assume that everything you need is still available via Robert Whitley’s shop, like reliable mags, reamer, dies etc.

All it really needs is a barrel chambering and a 6.5 Grendel bolt head for it. I don’t believe other mods are required, so I assume it should be fairly straight forward.

Having had the first 6mmAR in the UK quite a few years ago all I will say is that you are unlikely to get the velocities Robert quotes in a 'Straight Pull' unless you opt for a long barrel (24"+) and are happy to deal with the odd (or maybe consistent) hard extraction. Without the velocity advantage to get the most out of the 6mm bullets available you might as well stick with a .223. 

I did have a Remington 700 chambered in 6mmAR, it was accurate but offered no advantage over my T2k in 6XC

1842025039_6mmARRem1.thumb.jpeg.ed8ff89ddb965f14e9bcb450f7bd4f58.jpeg

Yes, built quite a Few.

My own 6mmAR worked lovely straight from the off, and I got good velocity, and cracking accuracy from it.

Subsequent guns were just as good, with just a couple having to be careful with loads, for good extraction.

I went that route after wasting 2 years of my life trying to make a grendel work. The 6mmAr is just a necked down grendel, and uses the same mags.

1 hour ago, baldie said:

Yes, built quite a Few.

My own 6mmAR worked lovely straight from the off, and I got good velocity, and cracking accuracy from it.

Subsequent guns were just as good, with just a couple having to be careful with loads, for good extraction.

I went that route after wasting 2 years of my life trying to make a grendel work. The 6mmAr is just a necked down grendel, and uses the same mags.

I will be in touch, thank you for validating my choice as well