22 lr scope

Rammer223

35 minutes ago, Kalahari said:

Seems to me the real deciding factor is "is the scope parallel with the bore" If the mounts do this things are OK. Anyway the mounts have a fixed side which should put the centre of the rings over the centre of the rail etc. The looser side is just to allow you to fit it. The indexing is surely done off the fixed side.

David.

That sums things up well. I'd trust Sportsmatch mounts to be centered to the rail more accuratelt than most of the Chinese mounts. BKL are American and having read thier 'design brief' (here) i'd stick with the sportsmatch, an over exuberent sales man is filling your head with nonsense .... I bet the same salesman calls bullets 'heads' too   :)

yes David was just maybe poor choice of words on there part as quality changes but principle the same the bkl range tackles this in a different way but not convinced ,ok for air rifle and rimfire possible, maybe that’s there market / limit 

regards lee 

3 hours ago, Rammer223 said:

Yes miki 

does seem strange set up the bkl your  bending the mounts to fit 

regards lee 

BKL mounts centre perfectly. If you reverse one of them on a dovetail you will see.

47 minutes ago, blueroll said:

BKL mounts centre perfectly. If you reverse one of them on a dovetail you will see.

I'm sure they do, as do Sportsmatch mounts.

BKL double. medium. 30mm £54.00  Sportsmatch UK, double, medium, 30mm £29.99 (full retail)

5 hours ago, miki said:

I'm sure they do, as do Sportsmatch mounts.

BKL double. medium. 30mm £54.00  Sportsmatch UK, double, medium, 30mm £29.99 (full retail)

You must have had a better set of Sportsmatch mounts than I had then.

2 hours ago, blueroll said:

You must have had a better set of Sportsmatch mounts than I had then.

Or a better rail on my rifles  :)

• 6 months later...