22 lr scope

Rammer223

Been looking change my 22 lr scope for a while budget 250 ish was looking a what I assume new model Hawke with the 22 lr reticle with side focus to use with pard 007 eventually, anyone using one , what’s your thoughts 

thanks in advance lee 

No , I bought the 6-24x56 IR with the SR Pro reticle which was very nice but then I had the desire to shoot out past 400 yards plus with subs as a bit of fun and the 62 moa just didn't cut it .... Hence it being up for sale on UKV . I'm using approx 102 moa to get to 500 yards on a fixed power SWFA 10x42

Greg

That is stretching it !!more than I need but I suppose one you’ve reached two hundred it’s only natural to want more lol what ammo are you using I couldn’t get my usual eley and ended up with Winchester the haven’t been very good batch for me 

lee 

I have a Hawke sidewinder 8.5 - 25 x42 with all the bits in the flight case that is up for sale soon as I've had a reshuffle with all my rifles and optics. 

It was on my 455 and a cracking scope for a rimmie. 

I also have and 8-32 SRPro reticle sidewinder

I'm using a Hawke Vantage SF 3-12x44 which I bought second hand for £110. Its absolutely fine for my 22LR needs and works very well with the Pard 007.

Mine has a mildot  ret which works well but that .22LR ret looks nice, it gives you what you need without being cluttered and fussy.

Hi Elwood 

do you see 44 mm as a disadvantage with pard , in other words if youd had the choice would you have gone 50 mm , as the 44mm is a fair bit cheaper and available with the 22 lr Ret and slightly lower starting mag 

regards lee 

2 minutes ago, Rammer223 said:

Hi Elwood 

do you see 44 mm as a disadvantage with pard , in other words if youd had the choice would you have gone 50 mm , as the 44mm is a fair bit cheaper and available with the 22 lr Ret and slightly lower starting mag 

regards lee 

I've had nothing to compare it against so I can't really answer, but logically a bigger objective lens would be better. Most of what I'm doing is shooting rats at between 20-40 yards with just the onboard illumination on the Pard. I think without any added illumination 80 yards would be about max. If you're concerned about the 44 objective then put a laser illuminator on it, which you will probably end up doing anyway.

Yes I can use Solaris , I have one that I run on my 223 with drone might as well go 50 as you say can only help , I asked ow about mounts for cz452 silhouette and they recommend 

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/bkl-300-2-piece-single-strap-medium-scope-rings-silver

Not heard of them before , said they self aligned not sure what they mean by that? 

regards lee 

Lee , If you download the Hawke App you can get drops for any of their ret's while being able to change the velocities and conditions etc ..... This would be more accurate than going off fixed drops which can't be right all year round  !

Greg

I have ordered one today so see how we go I have also added it to my StrelokPro to have a play until it turns up hopefully it all works out  fingers crossed 

regards lee 

Scope arrived yesterday great service ,as was listed 3-5 days delivery couple freebie always nice , first impression of scope looks promising can’t wait to try it in the field but sadly will have to as the mounts are far to high for me and not that struck on them (Bkl 300) anyway emailed ow hopefully here something today ,any recommendations as to mounts cz452 think 11mm like scope sat down 

regards lee 

Anyone had issues with getting rings to suit , I’ve had some bkl 300 sent and scope sits far too high, when asked ow about alternatives like sport match they said trouble with them they don’t self centre like bkl s is this a significant problem? Presumably they are talking about mounts pulling over to one side because how clamp part works ! 
Regards lee 
Should add 11 mm dovetail on my cz

Just don’t understand why they said dont centralise like the bkl ones , strange thing to say otherwise most mount design would be slightly off , or are they and if so is it a big issue 

lee 

Seems to me the real deciding factor is "is the scope parallel with the bore" If the mounts do this things are OK. Anyway the mounts have a fixed side which should put the centre of the rings over the centre of the rail etc. The looser side is just to allow you to fit it. The indexing is surely done off the fixed side.

David.