Guys we can shoot again i will have approximately £1000 to spend on a Scope and bipod for a new 6.5CM I intend to buy for recreational target shooting mostly at Bisley.

How would you apportion the money between the scope and the bipod?  (so I don't instantly want to upgade!)

In all seriousness, when I was shooting in the 80's/90's it was rare to see a bipod and even rarer to see someone laying a rifle across a bag, rest, tripod, sandbag or anything else. It was mainly off the elbows and slings.

Nowadays, walk along the firing point at Bisley on any club shoot day and you will struggle to see anyone shooting without a rest.

When did things change I wonder, and where's the enjoyment of hammering in V Bull after V Bull from 300 yards when the rifle is rock solid on a rest? 

Just my two penn'th

11 minutes ago, Roy W said:

In all seriousness, when I was shooting in the 80's/90's it was rare to see a bipod and even rarer to see someone laying a rifle across a bag, rest, tripod, sandbag or anything else. It was mainly off the elbows and slings.

Nowadays, walk along the firing point at Bisley on any club shoot day and you will struggle to see anyone shooting without a rest.

When did things change I wonder, and where's the enjoyment of hammering in V Bull after V Bull from 300 yards when the rifle is rock solid on a rest? 

Just my two penn'th

I do know what you mean but time stands still for no man. I used to do a lot of diving, started in the mid 70's, and the equipment in use now is unrecognisible from those days.

I would be looking at a second hand Sightron 8-32x56, something like this (but 2nd hand), which should leave enough for a decent bipod:

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/sightron-siii-8-32x56-long-range-target-riflescope-lrmoa-long-range-moa-1-4-moa-tactical-turrets