King of 2 Miles

VarmLR

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, The Gun Pimp said:

The shoot in the south of France is well established.  As far as the UK is concerned - we won't know anything definite until the FCSA let us know about Eskdalemuir.  Or Marc Gardner's new facility.

Thanks for that.  FCSA seem set up for the KO2ML so I was a bit confused as to the suggestion of a 'new' association being set up

39 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

I'm seriously interested in this.  Does anyone know if there's actually someone/group working this with regard to an affiliation & competition etc?

It's a big commitment to think about spec'ing and building a capable rifle & equipment only to find out it's only a local club level competition thing.

Speak to FCSA. some of the lads have been over to the US and shot KO2M

8 minutes ago, Shendy said:

Speak to FCSA. some of the lads have been over to the US and shot KO2M

👍  In hand thanks

A club mate who is a member of the FCSA who shot at last years 50 cal world championships at Raton also had the oppertunity to shoot in the KO2M. He was lent the gun and the ammo by some generous american team which was a 375 cheytac..

I think he was 11th overall..

He engaged the first three ranges but didn't connect with the 4th range..

As I understood it, AI was releasing their AX 50 in some CheyTac chamberings (mostly due to the California prohibition of .50 caliber) later this year.

Might be easier on you guys sourcing an AI than some of the other actions that support the large chamberings...

On 4/28/2020 at 6:21 AM, baldie said:

Yes Marine,

In .375 and .408 Cheytac.

Most likely the way i will go personally.

Familiar, proven platform. Easy barrel changes , etc etc.

whats the barrel life like on the cheytecs?

Paddy,

I doubt if anyone will be using slow loads in them, my guess is more than 1000 less than 2000, but just too many variables when you get into this type of shooting.

Think you just have to treat the barrel as a consumable and add say 75p/round to each shot fired at each outing and put the money into a pot 😳

Have a trawl round the US sites perhaps, more users.

T

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2020 at 1:04 PM, The Gun Pimp said:

Dave and others - whilst we are in this lockdown period, I'm trying to generate some UK interest in ELR via articles on targetshooter.co.uk.

I'm currently building a rig - is anyone else?  I know JMH has a 33XC ready to go and I know of a couple of other ELR guns that are up and running.

The future of KO2M / ELR in the UK is dependent to some extent on the future development of Eskdalemuir (and that other range close by).  Does anyone have any further information?  Clearly, once UK ranges are in a position to host proper competitions it should stimulate the interest in building suitable rifles - now is the perfect time to get that build under way.

If anyone is building something or has any info on ranges you can email me on targetshooteronline@icloud.com and we'll put it out there.

On 4/27/2020 at 1:32 PM, Popsbengo said:

I'm seriously interested in this.  Does anyone know if there's actually someone/group working this with regard to an affiliation & competition etc?

It's a big commitment to think about spec'ing and building a capable rifle & equipment only to find out it's only a local club level competition thing.

Please chalk up another here very interested in a UK ELR series. I've a build nearing completion that should be reasonable for the task and I'll keep an eye out here for developments... 👍

I think it may be difficult for many to get an ELR rig on ticket until there's a venue for shooting them.  I know that some clubs allow HE up to and including 50 Cal, but having let my membership go on one of them due to disappointments in the lottery which was "will we get a shoot this month?" which went on for much of the year last year, and issues with it's manangement, it was a let down.  If a dedicated ELR "club" were set up with a purpose made venue, reasonably accessible,  I'd put in for a variation and have a rig built up, possibly in 375, 408 or 416.  It's a bit chicken and egg at the minute though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it’s very good new after months of doom

Several are booked for the Comp already 👍🏻

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, John MH said:

Well 33XC gets first outing on Sunday. Going to start off with 122 grains of RS80 behind a Warner Flatline 285 grain bullet seated 0.010" into the lands.

what's your twist rate and expected Mv ?