Casio GPR—B 1000 or Garmin f6 Pro Solar

I am thinking of a new watch. I want ABC and GPS but without all the fitness and social media crap. Solar charging is a must. The Casio GPR -B 1000 would seem perfect but does not have maps - just basic gps point to point tracking and track back so is somewhat dependent on the mobile app to upload routes or input cords.

Does anyone have a Casio GPR-B 1000 that they can share their thoughts on please. 

https://youtu.be/hiGE0O9Ft3c

The  other option would be a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro solar but this gives me more of what don’t want in order to have off-line maps. Not even sure with aging eyesight how useful the maps would be on a 1.4” screen as i just about cope with my old hand held Garmin e-maps gps.

Thoughts appreciated.

2 hours ago, ds1 said:

I am thinking of a new watch. I want ABC and GPS but without all the fitness and social media crap. Solar charging is a must. The Casio GPR -B 1000 would seem perfect but does not have maps - just basic gps point to point tracking and track back so is somewhat dependent on the mobile app to upload routes or input cords.

Does anyone have a Casio GPR-B 1000 that they can share their thoughts on please. 

https://youtu.be/hiGE0O9Ft3c

The  other option would be a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro solar but this gives me more of what don’t want in order to have off-line maps. Not even sure with aging eyesight how useful the maps would be on a 1.4” screen as i just about cope with my old hand held Garmin e-maps gps.

Thoughts appreciated.

Contact One On Top Of Two on this forum, he has the Fenix 6 and seems to be impressed by it. He also has a ballistics app on it too. I'm sure he'll give you all the gen. 👍

seaMonkey, thanks for the info. The TruFlite  ballistic app is a big plus for the F6. After the lockdown is over I will be having a look at the f6 solar - see if my eyes can see the screen or not.

• 4 months later...

Just an update  - in the end I went with the Casio gpr  b1000. It does what I want and need. Mainly solar charging, decent gps for occasional trekking and abc features. Also the display is very readable for my 50year old eyes. Very happy with this watch as an outdoor tool and as an ABC aid to Lapua ballistics app. It’s also made of quality materials.....and the strap does not self disassemble when sliding a rucksack on and off ( me and Seiko have bad experiences like that). Decided to put the Shadow 2 in the pic, I even need a red dot on a pistol these days. Really the display clarity is what sold me on this - despite being a reverse display.5553C829-C013-4542-931A-7F510393581E.jpeg.d2aeb1777f41d29f903cd4bffec539d5.jpeg

BC9FE4E8-8491-4C56-AEC7-08E375534F04.jpeg.dd56037d615ac2f28f4b12774cb81e75.jpeg

• 10 months later...

Ive been in the same position for some time, there is just so much choice in sports watches, as my short vision isnt great i prefer an analog display but i like the idea of gps tracking and particularly a ballistics function. Will have a look at the F6, it sounds ok.

Ozalid, I still have the Casio and very happy with it. 99% of the time I just use the basic watch functions which are very readable. Next week I should be doing some trekking with the family so will use the track-back function and photos taken on route function. The ABC is really just a support for the Leica LRF but still good to have.