Keen newbie alert

Countryboy

Hi everyone,

Been reading all the topics on here the last few months, watching videos on YouTube and getting out and practicing as much as I can. Been shooting just over 10 years now mainly shotgun (had my SGC 12 years), a bit of rifle stuff but only just got my own FAC about 6 months back after saying to myself for years about getting round to getting it sorted. I was lucky enough to be a gamekeeper for a couple of years in the uk and abroad so have been lucky enough to experience lots of shooting. 

Anyways, I got my FAC granted for 22lr, 17hmr and .243. I was well chuffed, went straight out and bought myself a 17hmr and have been loving it. I work/live on a farm so I'm lucky enough to get out a fair bit. 

Now enough of my jabbering! I like the idea of joining a club to meet up with like minded enthusiasts, enjoy some good sport and get out of the house a bit more! I'm based in kent and have found a few clubs online but wondered which ones people recommended and I guessed there might even be some members on here too! I know what with the current coronovirus lockdown it might not be happening anytime soon but il be keen as mustard as soon as everything is back on track again!

Sorry for the long post but thanks for any replys 👍👌

22 minutes ago, Countryboy said:

Hi everyone,

Been reading all the topics on here the last few months, watching videos on YouTube and getting out and practicing as much as I can. Been shooting just over 10 years now mainly shotgun (had my SGC 12 years), a bit of rifle stuff but only just got my own FAC about 6 months back after saying to myself for years about getting round to getting it sorted. I was lucky enough to be a gamekeeper for a couple of years in the uk and abroad so have been lucky enough to experience lots of shooting. 

Anyways, I got my FAC granted for 22lr, 17hmr and .243. I was well chuffed, went straight out and bought myself a 17hmr and have been loving it. I work/live on a farm so I'm lucky enough to get out a fair bit. 

Now enough of my jabbering! I like the idea of joining a club to meet up with like minded enthusiasts, enjoy some good sport and get out of the house a bit more! I'm based in kent and have found a few clubs online but wondered which ones people recommended and I guessed there might even be some members on here too! I know what with the current coronovirus lockdown it might not be happening anytime soon but il be keen as mustard as soon as everything is back on track again!

Welcome to the forum Countryboy!  If you want to get into target shooting, a good club will sort you out.  Best of luck and let's hope we can all get out sooner than later

Welcome mate :) sounds like you've got a pretty good situation for shooting! Once you're in a club or two it'll be well rounded out!

• 2 months later...

If you are still looking for a club i can suggest one, it shoots at Hythe and Lydd military ranges, obviously at the minute a bit curtailed in activity ! but we are hoping the MOD will allow shooting for civilian clubs again soon, it also meets once a month for  a clay bash, message me if you want details.

cheers Neil

On 4/12/2020 at 2:58 PM, Countryboy said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome always good to see a new member.