Broken Sunshade on Cadwell Chrono

Gunny bedford

So i have managed to snap an end of one of the sunshades for my Cadwell chrono - before anyone asks ... No i did not shoot it !! I managed to drop the bag and the end snapped off ! annoyingly its where the small metal pole goes to attach to the body of the chrono. I had a look on line for spares, but all i could seem to find is the shades with the lighting kit as well, which is not really what i want, i just want the basic one to replace the broken shade !! anyone know where i can just get basic replacement cadwell shades ?

Ive also tried to glue the end on, used two "super glues" to no avail, as soon as you put a bit of pressure on it, as it would be when under tension having the metal pole in it and attached to the chrono  the join breaks again, I am assuming perhaps somebody has done similar in the past ? any tips on decent bonding material that could keep the thing together !!

cheers

Neil

Might be worth having a fiddle with a car body fibreglass repair kit. This should provide a degree of flex and hold under tension/compression at the repair joint.

Only a few quid and you can find them on eBay etc as I would imagine places like Halfords are closed at the mo.

You’ve certainly got plenty of time to fine tune your repair technique at the moment too 😊