Going shooting during Covid-19

walkabout

First let me say I'm NOT thinking of going shooting anywhere at the moment!
However I saw a post somewhere yesterday saying that FEO's were telling people if they were caught out shooting for no good reason they will lose the Firearms/Shotgun cert.
Shooting on your own land and pest controllers were exempt?
Anybody else hear this?

Mark

personally I think this is another load of crap . 

I am out all day shooting on farm tomorrow ( crop protection) after all the rain we have just started drilling this week and so fields are vulnerable for coming weeks . 

I think your find farmers and farm workers are “ essential workers “ 

the KEY is the NO good reason 

It's exactly the same situation here. Even though you're putting no-one at risk being out shooting on your own, the official line is Don't do it. It's doubly painful for guys who were just packing up to head out for the roar.

I’ll be protecting lambs on my own whilst obeying social distancing rules. How could i be possibly doing anything wrong until they change the scope of the current restrictions. No point protecting the lambs in 12 weeks?

I don't think it's a matter of not doing any thing wrong shooting on your own, it's if you have an accident and need help which could involve a lot of people and take up a hospital bed😷, so if you go shooting don't fall down a cliff or snap your leg down a hole!!

11 hours ago, Bob57 said:

I don't think it's a matter of not doing any thing wrong shooting on your own, it's if you have an accident and need help which could involve a lot of people and take up a hospital bed😷, so if you go shooting don't fall down a cliff or snap your leg down a hole!!

I’ll tell the shepherd not to go out as well then. We’ll just check on them before the team of shearers arrive from NZ and hope that they’re ok. 

1 hour ago, lapua said:

I’ll tell the shepherd not to go out as well then. We’ll just check on them before the team of shearers arrive from NZ and hope that they’re ok. 

You and the shepherd will probably be shearing them this year 😹

I've had to inform the landowner I do pest control for that whilst the FEO has said that pest control during lambing is fine, travelling to the farm may not be. Uniform have been out stopping cars and if you have to travel to your permission, you risk having your FAC revoked, a fine and confiscation of firearms.  A lot of mixed messages.  The exception I think relates to those living adjacent the land they shoot on, those farm workers considered as essential workers travelling to their places of work but that may not apply to recreational shooters who undertake pest control.

Nice wheels , i like them claas tractor the 950/960 are big buggers , i help out at harvest on a farm with a claas 740 lexion on terra-trax but dont drive that lol im grain carting in an old mercades mb-trac 1100 . Love it . Wish i could drive something newer . Id been in my mates new holland T8 .390  its on of the biggest tractor iv seen . Claas are the old Renault manufacturer i believe 

24 minutes ago, gunner said:

Nice wheels , i like them claas tractor the 950/960 are big buggers , i help out at harvest on a farm with a claas 740 lexion on terra-trax but dont drive that lol im grain carting in an old mercades mb-trac 1100 . Love it . Wish i could drive something newer . Id been in my mates new holland T8 .390  its on of the biggest tractor iv seen . Claas are the old Renault manufacturer i believe 

I must admit I’m a claas fan boy , I’ve spent a couple of days in a 950 and there pretty special, like being in command of a spaceship inside . It’s a very clever bit of kit .

the axion 850 is a nice big “ do all “ tractor and With unbelievably  endless torques  

not only would it pull down a block of flats ... you could drag it across a feild! 
and shares all the clever bits and bobs of the 950/960s

13 hours ago, lapua said:

Wiltshire firearms make it clear on their website. Livestock and crop protection by single shooter is ok.

My Glos feo says same thing BUT uniform have been out stopping people and there are reports of those with firearms travelling to permissions for pest control being handed warnings.

3 hours ago, TSG said:

This has been all over SD. Could I politely suggest that it is not a subject that needs further discussion here.

Why, what's the problem discussing it here, we're not all  members  of the SD and if we can't discuss something that's a post on another forum what's the point of being here!!

7 minutes ago, Bob57 said:

Why, what's the problem discussing it here, we're not all  members  of the SD and if we can't discuss something that's a post on another forum what's the point of being here!!

what he said  ^^^

3 hours ago, TSG said:

This has been all over SD. Could I politely suggest that it is not a subject that needs further discussion here.

I like to think we’re a bit more grown up here ... 

anyway I have had a look over the forum ( as a non member ) and I can’t see anything . 

Yes why not discuss? I see stalking as more risky, chance of a knife accident involving hospital treatment. Shooting vermin out of your truck window or on your farm is diffrent.

i have decided to stop shooting at the moment. Got too much work on anyway and want to play it safe with my permissions and police