UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Desmond

Looking to buy an LMT308SP

As per the title - I'm after a 308 LMT straightpull (Would actually consider a .223/556 as well), ideally in the MOD spec.

Cheers,

Des

2 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

There’s been one kicking out in the For Sale section for ages.

Literally a 2 second search (top right corner of website), found it for you.

https://ukvarminting.com/topic/46523-lmt-308-long-and-short-package-deal/?tab=comments#comment-354701

I've already been in discussion with this member regarding his rifle, it requires two slots on a FAC due to it having two barrels and two bolts - I only have the one.

I believe it's the case that any variation that doesn't increase the number of "weapons" - I hate that term in this context - is free.

Would that mean that the appropriate variation on your FAC would be free, and delayed only by your local force's response rate multiplied by the Wu Flu factor?

Anyone else with more experience in this field than me?

maximus otter

1 hour ago, maximus otter said:

I believe it's the case that any variation that doesn't increase the number of "weapons" - I hate that term in this context - is free.

Would that mean that the appropriate variation on your FAC would be free, and delayed only by your local force's response rate multiplied by the Wu Flu factor?

Anyone else with more experience in this field than me?

maximus otter

Variations incur a cost of £20 per application, so if the OP has a slot for 7.62 already but needs to ad 5.56 he'll need to apply and pay.  

Northants police FEO team are working they have just called me to say my variation is complete.  I don't know about other counties.

Alan

4 hours ago, Desmond said:

I've already been in discussion with this member regarding his rifle, it requires two slots on a FAC due to it having two barrels and two bolts - I only have the one.

Ah ok, didn’t realise.

As the above states, it’s only £20 for a variation and shouldn’t be any issue getting it. Worth discussing with your force.

9 hours ago, 20series said:

Variations incur a cost of £20 per application, so if the OP has a slot for 7.62 already but needs to ad 5.56 he'll need to apply and pay.  

Northants police FEO team are working they have just called me to say my variation is complete.  I don't know about other counties.

Alan

Thanks, Alan

maximus otter