UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
ColinBR

Semi Custom 22lr

6 hours ago, terryh said:

Kaboom

Trying to not go too far off Op but.....

The ejection problems on the 64 action, which your mk.10 was based around I believe, is a fairly recent issue that is very simply  fixed and well documented on the InterWeb.  I complained to Anschutz direct about it, gave them links to other info supporting my gripe and received a free 10 round mag as an apology.

Not sure I understand  your second comment re barrel contour and accuracy?

brgds T

I somehow got the idea that the rebarrel idea may involve a contour change. My accuracy note was only a memory of a great rifle sold when I was young and foolish. Best wishes for great shooting.

There is a McMillan stock inlet for the for the 54 action - probably quite costly and hard to find - but if the donor rifle is cheap it might make sense. They also do a lightweight sporter one too.

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/benchrest-stocks-anschutz-br-50/

My fantasy custom .22 would be a 1930's Mauser target rifle in one of these stocks, or one of the sporters in the lightweight one  😊

20 minutes ago, silva said:

There is a McMillan stock inlet for the for the 54 action - probably quite costly and hard to find - but if the donor rifle is cheap it might make sense. They also do a lightweight sporter one too.

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rifle-stocks/benchrest-stocks-anschutz-br-50/

My fantasy custom .22 would be a 1930's Mauser target rifle in one of these stocks, or one of the sporters in the lightweight one  😊

Im not certain, but going by the description those are for the 2000 action ie 2013. Which I believe are the square action anschutz. 

29 minutes ago, ColinBR said:

Im not certain, but going by the description those are for the 2000 action ie 2013. Which I believe are the square action anschutz. 

Think it says somewhere " It was specifically designed for the 2000 series Anschutz® receivers but can be utilized for most smallbore actions" ☺️