Jump to content
UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
ColinBR

Semi Custom 22lr

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, ColinBR said:

Looks good that. 

Had an issue with a new MTR and had to send it back for a refund. So kind of put off by the new CZ. 

What was the issue with the MTR?  Ive had one for about a year now with no problems other than I wish it had an adjustable comb, hence I do fancy the stock on the LRP.  I wonder if it will be avaialable without the action?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, martin_b said:

What was the issue with the MTR?  Ive had one for about a year now with no problems other than I wish it had an adjustable comb, hence I do fancy the stock on the LRP.  I wonder if it will be avaialable without the action?

Seemed to be the headspace was wrong or the reamer hadnt gone deep enough. 

Basically had to ram the bolt to get it to close. 

Other thing I didnt like was the trigger being too heavy. Though I would guess there is a solution for that by now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, D Johnson said:

Hi I’ve owned this old 1427 since 2000 I was lucky enough to get it off a guy in Fort William for basically peanuts, his mrs had only ever used it as a single shot target rifle so all the mags were present and unused. I’ve often thought of upgrading the stock to something akin to some of the rimfires on this post, but options seem to be limited so if anyone has any idea of what might fit I’d be open to suggestions. Cheers 

93EDB1E4-6065-463E-A7B2-FE56F1622546.jpeg

I believe that Steve Kershaw maybe the man in the know, I'll be calling today as I'm in the same boat in regards to stock options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Colin......definitely give Steve a call. He's your man 👍

Regards, Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One on top of two said:

Tractors and Rimmys

my anshutz 1903 MSR and vortex PST gen 2 training rifle. 

photo taken just now 

 

5E82A847-0590-437D-9C19-B8666FB11F24.jpeg

1A8E574A-8C21-4B02-A351-CDE45B97659D.jpeg

Is that single shot? Cant see a mag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

Mag is in my pocket. 
as a trainer I run it with a 10 shot mag 

if I’m shooting a bit of BR I use a single shot conversion. 

Lovely rifle and exactly what I'd be looking for. Mag fed and great anschutz action. 

I have the single shot sled and 2 stage trigger here for an anschutz. So makes sense for me to go down the Anschutz route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love a tricked up 22lr for practicing with!

My Lithgow LA101 - Stock filled with lead shot and resin to increase weight, full length ARCA rail on fore end.

30 MOA Brittania rail, Sig Tango4 6-24, Dev-L Mil scope.

MDT Cyke Pod.

It's a super accurate rifle and with the canted rail dialling out to 300+ yards is a doddle, just waiting on MDT to make up a chassis for it and it'll be golden!

Lithgow PRL.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One on top of two said:

Tractors and Rimmys

my anshutz 1903 MSR and vortex PST gen 2 training rifle. 

photo taken just now 

 

5E82A847-0590-437D-9C19-B8666FB11F24.jpeg

1A8E574A-8C21-4B02-A351-CDE45B97659D.jpeg

Have you seen the new 1 with new action? 

https://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?produktID=1878&menu=106&sprache=1&produktShow=detail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Charlts said:

I love a tricked up 22lr for practicing with!

My Lithgow LA101 - Stock filled with lead shot and resin to increase weight, full length ARCA rail on fore end.

30 MOA Brittania rail, Sig Tango4 6-24, Dev-L Mil scope.

MDT Cyke Pod.

It's a super accurate rifle and with the canted rail dialling out to 300+ yards is a doddle, just waiting on MDT to make up a chassis for it and it'll be golden!

Lithgow PRL.jpg

Yea had a look at them, but like you say stocks are low in the ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColinBR said:

Yea had a look at them, but like you say stocks are low in the ground

I know that MDT are working on it, so it's just a case of being patient. The factory stock is really well designed though which helps. I'd like to get a Laminate one, bed it, fill it with lead, attach an ARCA Rail and have an adjustable cheek piece to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ColinBR said:

Yes I have seen it and looks good. But ....

the reason I bought this 1903  MSR silhouette rifle is because there different. 
anshutz only did a very limited run on them. 
plus I just love it ! 

ive just spent my breakfast  break pinging a 60mm steel gong at 211 meters. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, One on top of two said:

Yes I have seen it and looks good. But ....

the reason I bought this 1903  MSR silhouette rifle is because there different. 
anshutz only did a very limited run on them. 
plus I just love it ! 

ive just spent my breakfast  break pinging a 60mm steel gong at 211 meters. 
 

Would love to try a bit of longer range shooting with a rimfire. Currently only get to shoot out to 25 yards indoors. 

I'm going to give Steve Kershaw a bell later today to see what my options are. If nothing suits I'll probably end up going down the route of the new anschutz actioned rifle route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to source a 1913 barrelled action, though not sure how I would get on with a single shot action. Hhmm decisions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ColinBR said:

I believe that Steve Kershaw maybe the man in the know, I'll be calling today as I'm in the same boat in regards to stock options

Ok 

let me know how you get on, Ive often thought of getting the existing stock reworked and possibly coated but part of me wants to keep it as it is due to it  being virtually unmarked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D Johnson said:

Ok 

let me know how you get on, Ive often thought of getting the existing stock reworked and possibly coated but part of me wants to keep it as it is due to it  being virtually unmarked. 

Try parmoor gunstocks mate. Thats who Steve recommended for me. 

Probably wont have an inlet for your rifle but could either make 1 to suit or I know that he can supply a blank for a gunsmith to inlet for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an Anschutz 1408 ED super with an "X" serial number. Originally a Running Boar rifle, now repurposed with a a custom stock as shown for use as a Metallic Silhouette rifle. Also used with a Cicognani stock as a Light Varmint BR rifle. The bulge at the end of the barrel is an adjustable weight, not a moderator.

08052009114.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fourtyvoats said:

This is an Anschutz 1408 ED super with an "X" serial number. Originally a Running Boar rifle, now repurposed with a a custom stock as shown for use as a Metallic Silhouette rifle. Also used with a Cicognani stock as a Light Varmint BR rifle. The bulge at the end of the barrel is an adjustable weight, not a moderator.

08052009114.jpg

I take it the weights act much like a barrel tuner, or are they used to adjust the balance of the rifle? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are part of the original Running Boar set up and are designed to balance the rifle to the choice of each individual, in the standing position. The Barrel is short, 45cm, and has a screwed on  extension, which the weights fit on. As Anschutz target rifles go, the overall weight is less than most.This is what it looks like in the original stock.7192648_1439483949-600x800.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I've ended up buying a single shot Anschutz 1913 barrelled action and a Form benchrest stock. 

Wasn't going to bother with the stock but couldn't refuse it as a package deal. 

I'll keep my options open for a tactical stock once things get back to normal again. 

We have a 64 action MPR to use for the timed comps. So the single shot action on this rifle shouldnt be an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 1:28 AM, Ballistol said:

You mean a bit like this?

Shoots like a dream, but had real problems with ejection. Apparently this afflicts the 1710 across the board, not very good when you consider the price of an Anschutz vs an ultra reliable CZ etc.

73CF6ED2-65A4-417C-A90A-D59E17D0F457.jpeg

I h;ad a savage/Anschutz mk10 zero ejection issues and accuracy was better than I could manage prone, never shot off benches in my youth. why change barrels?if you retain the same contour and results on target are what you ask why bother? And no I don't hate CZ I have a couple.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaboom

Trying to not go too far off Op but.....

The ejection problems on the 64 action, which your mk.10 was based around I believe, is a fairly recent issue that is very simply  fixed and well documented on the InterWeb.  I complained to Anschutz direct about it, gave them links to other info supporting my gripe and received a free 10 round mag as an apology.

Not sure I understand  your second comment re barrel contour and accuracy?

brgds T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy