UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Sign in to follow this  
FridTjov

Hunting with 6.5 creedmoor

I kill game animals quickly and humanely. But the likes of prairiedogs and feral hogs I have little feeling for. I do my best but if it's a lethal hit I won't waste another bullet to put it out of a few moments of misery. ~Andrew

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

I kill game animals quickly and humanely. But the likes of prairiedogs and feral hogs I have little feeling for. I do my best but if it's a lethal hit I won't waste another bullet to put it out of a few moments of misery. ~Andrew

I’m not sure it was meant in the way it came across, as I’m sure many of us have shot deer which staggered and we knew were going down but didn’t immediately follow up with a second shot as it was unnecessary. However the wording of your post does suggest an unnecessary lack of compassion and is rather distasteful.

I won't apologize for my wording. I meant it and, yes, it shows my absolute lack of compassion for invasive and destructive species. ~Andrew

In some cases that approach is just what is needed to reduce numbers. 

Just read about wild boar eating the pizzas of people on a lake in Berlin, a sau then running away with a laptop bag of a guy.  German hunters always look for excuses why they shouldn't shoot a boar. I always laugh at them when they try to explain. Gonna be fun when the wolf population that is totally protected gets out of hand.

edi